Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Mario said:
Sears Pilgrim...

pilgrim_01_15_10.jpg

Some neat felt/ribbon and shirt colour matching going on there, Mario.....
(Hmm, methinks I've done this one before!:p )

Definitely a nice looking Pilgrim though. Proportions work really well for you; not too wide, not too high, not too swoopy..... but not too stingy either! :eusa_clap

RobStC

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We stopped at Indigo Lake in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park on the way home to snap a few pics.
DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

my "I'm not looking at the camera" eyes
DSC_0172.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Looks like it might even be self-felt binding...[huh]

That is one beautiful hat, rlk! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers
JtL
Thanks Jimmy and Billy, seems a hybrid edge.
underside
3704479979_b9052178b0.jpg
3705288676_6c448e64f7.jpg

3705288450_2183e7a434.jpg

Triple-thick, stitched on the wider underside but none visible on the top overlap which resembles a Mode Edge.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Triple-thick, stitched on the wider underside but none visible on the top overlap which resembles a Mode Edge.

I know that underwelts can often give the appearance of a mode edge on top -- is that what's going on?

Cheers
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
I know that underwelts can often give the appearance of a mode edge on top -- is that what's going on?

Cheers
JtL
No, it isn't pressed up, there are three layers of felt. The bottom overlap is about twice as wide as the top so that the inner row of stitching attaching the felt creates a row on top inside of the narrower top over wrap(similar to Homburgs). The top felt overlay has the dimensions and appearance similar to a Mode Edge and shows no visible stitching. The total edge is quite thick.
4277581788_95828299ab_b.jpg

Better image( I hate autofocus...)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
This beautiful green Knox Premier arrived today and I'm going to give it some noggin-time at a party tonight (even though I need some sleep soon):

knox_premier_01_15_10.jpg

Wow, Mario -- that looks terrific! Hope you'll do a full posting in the Knox thread so that we can see some more of that lid. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Wow, Mario -- that looks terrific! Hope you'll do a full posting in the Knox thread so that we can see some more of that lid. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
:arated:
Nice shade of green and Pug' contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe