Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can go wrong either way. Once I finally got the crown shaped to my liking my Taupe Fawn Campdraft started getting a lot of head time, and it's become one of my go-to hats.
I'm thinking the Taupe Fawn would look good with a cattleman crease (different from Silverbelly) but if for some reason I didn't like it I could put some other crease in it as I don't have a TFCD. I may try my Mid Brown CD with a Cattleman but tend to think a Cattleman looks better with lighter colors. Just tired of Silverbelly, have 3 with a version of the Cattleman. The Stetson Open Road is so limited in colors.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Just don't say anything to Bob about the weather.
images.png

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking the Taupe Fawn would look good with a cattleman crease (different from Silverbelly) but if for some reason I didn't like it I could put some other crease in it as I don't have a TFCD. I may try my Mid Brown CD with a Cattleman but tend to think a Cattleman looks better with lighter colors. Just tired of Silverbelly, have 3 with a version of the Cattleman. The Stetson Open Road is so limited in colors.
A light colored Camp Draft would be good addition Jack.

Weis felt today
d27466ebcd101702ac86d2b65f5699b9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Your Weiss collection is truly a beauty to behold Harv. I like the wide brim on this one.

Could be a multi hat day today. For now it's this Stagecoach Long Rider,
IMG_7073 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7059 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Starting to look through the fall and winter clothes I picked up over the summer to see what adjustments they may need. Today it's all Army with wool pants from 1940 and a wool shirt from '42.
IMG_7055 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Enjoy the weekend,
Michael
I like the curl on this Stagecoach Michael. This is a western I could get into.

Groceries, butcher, bakery and hardware store. Done! Wearing a VS Dove (Stratoliner inspired) fedora.

i-hkGqrJg-M.jpg

i-hKPR5MG-M.jpg

Enjoy your Saturday.

Eric -
Stunning. Is the dove a VS color only?

VS for me today - a western style Dualist just arrived from Mr. Fawcett. I've wanted a hat like this for ages and very pleased with it.

Cheers! David
Very cool David, functional brim.

Well, at this point in the season it has become apparent to me that this is currently my favorite Panama. It's a Panama Hats Direct Special Reserve which was re-blocked and finished by Art Fawcett.

View attachment 83581 View attachment 83582 View attachment 83583
This is one of my all time favorites. A Panama for all occasions.

Clean edge Karl. Nice.

Pinches are just right, subtle but highlighting the lines. I do love this Borso.

KarlCrow

One Too Many

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Your Weiss collection is truly a beauty to behold Harv. I like the wide brim on this one.

I like the curl on this Stagecoach Michael. This is a western I could get into.

Stunning. Is the dove a VS color only?

Very cool David, functional brim.

This is one of my all time favorites. A Panama for all occasions.

Clean edge Karl. Nice.

Pinches are just right, subtle but highlighting the lines. I do love this Borso.
Thx Red. Had to raise the crown by decreasing the depth of the center crease and diminish a bit of the European taper by putting in softer front forward pinches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saundersdavid