Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grilling up some chicken in my official grill hat

Original 47

1bdca02ba0d389e43e99f1c7f2368aeb.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
l'll be right over. I need to designate a special hat for grillin'

@Cap_7597 wears one at work sometimes Bob . It looks good , maybe you'll find one larger some day . I never liked a tight Hat that was too tight . Toot Toot ! All Aboard !

Thanks Michael. I was hoping I could wear it while playing Mexican Train Dominos (my family's drinking game of choice). I may give it to my sister for that purpose.

I'm thinking the Taupe Fawn would look good with a cattleman crease (different from Silverbelly) but if for some reason I didn't like it I could put some other crease in it as I don't have a TFCD. I may try my Mid Brown CD with a Cattleman but tend to think a Cattleman looks better with lighter colors. Just tired of Silverbelly, have 3 with a version of the Cattleman. The Stetson Open Road is so limited in colors.
Akubra's "Mid" Brown is a nice color, but I consider it more of a dark brown. Their Taupe Fawn is more along the lines of what I'd consider a mid brown, maybe even a light brown in some lighting. Either way, I think the Taupe Fawn is a nice neutral brown--neither too red nor too golden/yellow--which makes it a fairly versatile color.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Scala Panama earlier, but had to try my newly thrifted engineer cap. A bit snug...

79411f6801b4c7eccf72316b60af3086.jpg

Perfect!!! Great looking hat. The one that I used to have that was fitted tore on me. So I got a Pointer Brand adjustable. It's ok, but fitted is better.

Looks great on you. Sorry it's a little snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hurricane Jack HJ , Here's some old pictures of the Taupe CD with the previous crease , and the Cornhill Strat (Royal Premier Quality) ...

View attachment 83638 View attachment 83639
Thanks Michael. The Taupe Fawn is a nice color. Looks like the ribbon & binding match the base color closely? The Cornhill looks like it might have some yellow or green/yellow undertones? A bit of contrast with the ribbon/binding?

I'll study them more tomorrow. I put some last min money on Mayweather so going to get ready for the fight now.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Took my daughter to the beach at Pacific City with the church group and I AM TIRED!

It was cold there. 94F here in town and 71F at the beach with winds from 15 -30 mph. Nuts. I didn't lose my hat once in the wind until we were leaving, and 5 feet from the car, whoosh! No worse for wear but it took awhile to dust all the sand out and off of it!

Wow, I fell asleep typing this and almost dropped my laptop on the floor! Ugh.

Oh yeah, hat is a modern Stetson Florentine Milan in Sand (literally, ha!) A good sun hat at a windy beach!

i-DwzXK46-M.jpg
i-NzRrtZ5-M.jpg

i-MFXdTWd-L.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Took my daughter to the beach at Pacific City with the church group and I AM TIRED!

It was cold there. 94F here in town and 71F at the beach with winds from 15 -30 mph. Nuts. I didn't lose my hat once in the wind until we were leaving, and 5 feet from the car, whoosh! No worse for wear but it took awhile to dust all the sand out and off of it!

Wow, I fell asleep typing this and almost dropped my laptop on the floor! Ugh.

Oh yeah, hat is a modern Stetson Florentine Milan in Sand (literally, ha!) A good sun hat at a windy beach!

i-DwzXK46-M.jpg
i-NzRrtZ5-M.jpg

i-MFXdTWd-L.jpg

The Rock at Pacific City is cool . Have you seen the Beach Cam of that Beach Doug ? Its pretty awesome . Nice Day !

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
dunkirk is amazing in the cinema, so good. Enjoy mght be the wrong word.

It had a real punch on imax. My French Grandfather was in Belgium in May 1940 (heavy artillery spotter) but did not get out via Dunkirk but on one of the last trucks across the Meuse before they blew the bridges. He only spoke once or twice about it but mentioned that Stukas were *absolutely* terrifying as it felt like they were aiming right at you personally...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az