Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBH said:
I have started to find I rather like some of the shorter brims.
My Vagabond is 2 3\8s... I love it and think it looks fine on me.
I think its the crown and ribbon that makes it look good with the short brim.
But really a 2 1\2 brim is what I would normally stop at {now}.
That Vagabond does look fine on you, must be kindred spirit type thing! :eek:
My Borsalino Alessandria is 2 5/8 also. I just can't seem to go stingier.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now this one, on the other hand, just won't cut it. 2" brim with a cattleman's crease. Just came in off e-Bay NWT. It will go in the collection but not on the head!

ChampCC001.jpg

RBH

Bartender
ScottF said:
Here's my better half wearing the old Matteawan Mfg Co hat I picked up on ebay last week. I was preparing to toss it back in the ebay sea when she snatched it...and won't let go. Any ideas as to age? It has a hollow brim with a wire inside, apparently made of a fur pelt of some sort.

MatteawanMA.jpg

MatteawanLnr.jpg
You need to get her a proper fedora!!!!

Great photo !
Now that OR that Mr P has would look really good on her. :D

billysmom

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Now this one, on the other hand, just won't cut it. 2" brim with a cattleman's crease. Just came in off e-Bay NWT. It will go in the collection but not on the head!

ChampCC001.jpg

Mr. P. - I'm used to seeing you with more frame to your face. An all-'round turn down would help, but I still think you look better with an abundance of brim.

Sue

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Paladin said:

ChampCC001.jpg

Mr. P, what is NWT?

I know you like the cattleman, but maybe in this case a recrease would help that one out. The brim width doesn't look bad at all, but with the cattleman....I'm not so sure about that. Maybe I'm just used to seeing cattleman creases with a wider brim.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Paladin...I think it works on you...Now on my big fat head it would look silly...in fact I have one or two here that wife forbids me to wear due to their stingy brim...:eek: :p

Jimmy...Wow...Love that shirt and of course the lid is spectacular...!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:

I like it, I also like the stacking bookcase. Mahogany?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
That one looks great Jimmy!!! :eusa_clap
Perfection!

Yep, jtl - that might be the nicest hat I've ever seen you in. I just sent an Open Road in for a rust wide ribbon, but seeing this hat of yours, I'm going for the light-colored one. Absolutely beautiful!

rumblefish

One Too Many
This is the Baku that Carter had pointed out to us on ebay that went without a bid. When it came back up, I grabbed it. I wore ever chance I got this summer, it's like wearing lacquered tissue paper.
DSC01165.jpg
DSC01168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe