Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
[
618283115_emizq-M.jpg

Goose -- your photo reminded me of something...:D

TikiSkull.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Mario

I'll Lock Up
RobStC said:
Definitely works for you, Mario - no need to be worried about wide brims! (Not sure a sombrero would work for you though..... :p )

Nice 'Raindogs' look with the striped shirt/jacket combo, by the way. I assume you're a TW fan, judging by the photos on your wall in previous shots?

Greetings from sunny Edinburgh.
RobStC

Spot on, Rob, spot on - and thanks for your kind comment! :D :D
Edinburgh, eh? My ex moved there after she was through and done with me... ;)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Jimmy, you have an inexhaustible reserve of fine hats! You wear them well both casually and dressy!
Mario, you will soon want to wear wide brims in preference to narrow brims. Mark my words. ;)
Goose, well done! Straw hats need some love, too. :D

Torpedo

One Too Many
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow I will go to the movies - Public Enemies will be out. Mmmmh... Which hat should I select? :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Today my Mallory Ten Pliafelt arrived in all its open crowned glory. Gave it a quick bash and wore it out with with the boys tonight. I'll post some more pics of the hat tomorrow. With 2 3/4", it's a pretty wide brim again.

mallory_08_12_09.jpg
Excellent!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow I will go to the movies - Public Enemies will be out. Mmmmh... Which hat should I select? :p
That looks great!:eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:

Strat1b.jpg

Very nice, Torp. I love my Strats. They just simply have the look.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS! Great Strat for this terrific ensemble Torpedo!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo said:

Strat1b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Really handsome on you Mario, don't be afraid of those older fedoras with the larger brim!! Looking VERY sharp here! Us ladies here too give you enthusiastic thumbs up!

Mario said:
Ok, I wanted to know if I can pull this off or not, so I bought this beautiful, light grey (50's ?) Borso with that really wide brim. Never wore such a wide brim before. It's a scary 2 7/8" wide, and we do feel a bit self conscious about it, me and that long, narrow face of mine... ;)

Now you decide for yourself...

borsalino_08_11_09.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Brooks skimmer with the versatile hook-on puggaree.
3818095612_76a46e54e0.jpg

This was just a tick tight front-to-back (I'm an LO), so I moistened it lightly and verrry gently cranked it out in the stretcher - problem solved. Yes, I know my screen needs cleaning.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Mario, you will soon want to wear wide brims in preference to narrow brims. Mark my words. ;)

Yes, Torp, you are right, sir! I can already feel it rushing through my veins... :D

Seriously, though: I went out with the Mallory today - in the bright light of day, not in the dark of night, mind you - and felt really good about it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82