Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
HI billysmom!! Great to see another lady posting in this thread besides myself, though I've been away for a short spell. That's a fine looking hat:) Sue.
billysmom said:
Knox-Milan.jpg
Here's mine for today.

Sue

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

This picture puts the stratoliner high on my wishlist! Beautiful ensemble by the way!! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow I will go to the movies - Public Enemies will be out. Mmmmh... Which hat should I select? :p

That is a beautiful, stylish hat and coat.

DC3

New in Town
I needed to go uptown for a few items today , including a new double edged razor, and so I dressed in a navy pair of slacks and a pale blue and white 1/8 inch stripes button down shirt with black shoes. I go down the hall to pick up a hat and remembered I had packed the black fedora for summer. It was 80dgf outside. I was so frustrated at not having a black or grey summer fedora I went out without any hat at all. Please forgive me. :( A pinch front grey straw fedora with a nice black band is all I ask.
When returned it was off to the computer to find a hat store. I thought there might be someplace new or I might have missed one or two. I like brick and motar shops, though they tend to be significantly more expensive than on-line. The quick look at the few stores that popped up showed that the easiest to get to oddly enough is in San Francisco. Just take the ole BART mass transit train and get off at Powell. There's a hat store on Valencia a few blocks over. Of course BARTS planning a strike in the next two days. Arrrrg......and nothing popped up for San Jose, which is just four miles away, but maybe I didn 't have my search parameters properly aligned.
Anyway, adding to the waste of gas was the fact that none of the places I went in had the razor I wanted or the matching pencil to my Waterman Phileas fountain pen.
...And again I was reminded why myself and so many other people shop on line.

Goose.

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
...Goose, well done! Straw hats need some love, too. :D
Thank you Torpedo. I do like my straw hats. Sometimes I spend more time trying to decide which hat to wear than a normal person should. And I have no style, or the numbers, like you and the other gentlemen here do.

DC3 said:
I...Arrrrg......and nothing popped up for San Jose, which is just four miles away, but maybe I didn 't have my search parameters properly aligned...
Try "Fino, Fino" in Menlo Park or "Paul's" in SF. Google is your friend. ;)

indycop said:
This tiki is happy because his hat fits!lol lol lol
Jimmy has proven with his pic that size does matter. Great pic JtL

chanteuseCarey said:
Jimmy, Douglas, Palladin, Gene and Goose- always a delight to see what hats you gentlemen are wearing.
What a nice comment from a nice lady. I know a lot of women...but few that I would call "ladies".
Thank you Carey.

But, today, same hat as yesterday as posted in the Squashy thread. Tomorrow, I'm heading to Monterey and thinking about my Homburg or Federation IV Carbon.
See what I mean? Today isn't even over and I am wondering what I will wear tomorrow :eusa_doh:

619346609_dXPx8-S.jpg

Chiliarches said:
Blue Premier Stratoliner ...
Almost new.

That is a great looking hat and color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member