Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Melton fedora...

MeltonFedora.jpg

Liner-21.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Since I got a fresh haircut today, I was able to wear my Adventurebilt...

100_0188-1.jpg

Nice, IC. I forgot about that one not fitting quite right without the hair cut - can it be stretched? Was it made for you originally?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Nice, IC. I forgot about that one not fitting quite right without the hair cut - can it be stretched? Was it made for you originally?
I got it used but sent it for a reblock. It fit for a week or two then shrunk up again....:eusa_doh:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Today my Mallory Ten Pliafelt arrived in all its open crowned glory. Gave it a quick bash and wore it out with with the boys tonight. I'll post some more pics of the hat tomorrow. With 2 3/4", it's a pretty wide brim again.

mallory_08_12_09.jpg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I exchanged the black hat for a caribou color, or medium grey

Here is the black hat taken back

P3060318.jpg

Here is the new grey hat

P3100324-1.jpg

P3100323.jpg

P3100322.jpg

and arriving today is my panama bob diamante. I think the brim is a bit too wide considering that the Saxon is a 2 inch brim, but I understand that it to be the case since it is more of a sun hat. Anyway, the crown seems higher, but it is a nice hat. For some reason, many guys post pics of the inside crown and I will do as well

P3100320.jpg

P3100321.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Looks good, Goose! Like the way the hat works with the tiki shirt. ;)

And thanks, JnC!

Cheers,
JtL
indycop said:
Still looks great, but the Tiki gods look angry for not seeing that fed in a while...:eek: lol
Thank you JtL and IC. It was nice to wear the Fed. Yesterday was a relatively cooler day. So, no need to wear a straw or my New Barmah Skippy Roo. Which, interesting to me, weighs a about two ounces more than my Akubra felts but is much cooler on the noggin (comments/opinions/reasoning welcome).

But, today was toasty. As Jimmy stated about the color of that Dark Brown Fed working with my shirt, I like to coordinate my attire ;) So, today, my black parrot shirt, tiger stripe pants, and Brent Black Fino Fino on my beano.

And, letting my tiki wear my Fed in apology for the neglect as I beat the drums asking for cooler weather.

618098313_gWrKi-M-1.jpg
618283115_emizq-M.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
:arated: Yes, that's a real beauty! :eusa_clap And it's also nice to see that wise dog of yours again! ;)

The wise dog thanks you (as he sits, sphynx-like, under my brim;))!

Thanks, gents, for the comments on the Melton!

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Today my Mallory Ten Pliafelt arrived in all its open crowned glory. Gave it a quick bash and wore it out with with the boys tonight. I'll post some more pics of the hat tomorrow. With 2 3/4", it's a pretty wide brim again.

mallory_08_12_09.jpg

That hat looks great, Mario! Very cool. I look forward to hearing about how you like the Pliafelt! ;)

Cheers,
JtL

RobStC

A-List Customer
Mario said:

mallory_08_12_09.jpg

Definitely works for you, Mario - no need to be worried about wide brims! (Not sure a sombrero would work for you though..... :p )

Nice 'Raindogs' look with the striped shirt/jacket combo, by the way. I assume you're a TW fan, judging by the photos on your wall in previous shots?

Greetings from sunny Edinburgh.
RobStC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82