Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
ac76adb1d138c5eff9137eca665456f8.jpg

d08ce1d9cffb739de2dc0a40e261ffa6.jpg

Knox
With coonhound pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super hat and sweater Perry. Fantastic look. So is the hat made out of raccoon fur? Hmmm, plenty of those wander through my yard and raid the trash.

Michael

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Cool-to-cold and rainy today -- y'know, the kind of weather we should have had in November or December -- and I've brought my Borsalino Savoy:

CAM00362.jpg

The ribbon is courtesy of Art Fawcett, who resized this one up from 6 7/8 for me. A dark hat to wear with a black sweater and dark chocolate leather jacket, but it suited me.

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Ahhh Friday... welcome, you glorious day of days...

The meteorologicalistic prognosticatorists are predicting up to 12 inches of snow with the precipitation starting late tonight.

Folks are getting bat-guano crazy (but not me, I arrived at that station years ago). We only get snow like that once a decade or so. I'm excited... snow means doing LOTS of donuts in parking lots (with the top down, of course)!!! Yippee!

I'm going with the trusty old '40s Stetson Vita-Felt Premier homburg. I noticed this morning that all of my use of this one has led to some degradation to the brim binding [emoji20]. I foresee a road trip to Bob at Black Sheep for this one. View attachment 64461 View attachment 64462 View attachment 64463 View attachment 64464 View attachment 64465 View attachment 64466

May each of you have the bestestest Friday that has ever been.
Great hat for sure. What color binding will you go with? Have you got the toboggan waxed? Sounds like fun times with once in a decade snow.

Michael

Cool-to-cold and rainy today -- y'know, the kind of weather we should have had in November or December -- and I've brought my Borsalino Savoy today:

View attachment 64472

The ribbon is courtesy of Art Fawcett, who resized this one up from 6 /78 for me. A dark hat to wear with a black sweater and dark chocolate leather jacket, but it suited me.
Love this Borsalino. The ribbon treatment really makes it something special. Want!

Ahhh Friday... welcome, you glorious day of days...

The meteorologicalistic prognosticatorists are predicting up to 12 inches of snow with the precipitation starting late tonight.

Folks are getting bat-guano crazy (but not me, I arrived at that station years ago). We only get snow like that once a decade or so. I'm excited... snow means doing LOTS of donuts in parking lots (with the top down, of course)!!! Yippee!

I'm going with the trusty old '40s Stetson Vita-Felt Premier homburg. I noticed this morning that all of my use of this one has led to some degradation to the brim binding [emoji20]. I foresee a road trip to Bob at Black Sheep for this one. View attachment 64461 View attachment 64462 View attachment 64463 View attachment 64464 View attachment 64465 View attachment 64466

May each of you have the bestestest Friday that has ever been.
Love that Homburg Matt!! I would rather have the foot of snow than the 1/2" of freezing rain we are getting. We are going to hunker down and watch the Portland OR Bumper Car Championships on TV.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That Stetson is super Eric! I continue to learn about our hat hobby from postings like this. I am not familiar with the "Scoop" model. Is it early 50s?

Red; I have not found a copy of a early Stetson advertisement that accurately places it yet. The tags, box and markings place it 1930-40's. I have not seen another one on the fedora lounge.

The smaller brim, deep flange and unique edge treatment make it very unique on my hat rack.

i-NppZ5QJ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg