Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Newly arrived Stetson Playboy...

GreenPlayboy.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, JIm. We definitely need to see more of that hat, especially the ribbon.

A brown Statoliner landed on my doorstep today. It's a NICE hat.

DOUGLAS

ScottF said:
Douglas, no one listens to the hat and chooses their style accordingly, like you do.

Here's me, with my 7 1/4 head in a 7 5/8 LO Whippet, ala-Johnny Depp. Even 3 sizes too big, it still isn't close to the 'Depp look'.

The only thing I have in common with the guy is that I too can drop a massive hat on my head, bash it like a hobo, and for some inexplicable reason...my girlfriend loves this hat !?!?!

MeWhippetMed.jpg

ScottF, any way you wear it your hat looks good. It is like a good steak, any way it's cooked it is still a good steak.
The reason your girlfriend loves it is because it looks really cool. Enjoy the sunshine.;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
By the way, that shirt looks like it'd be a good match up with a Gay Prince.

You could be right. :D That being said, I was thinking that it mirrored the single row of stitching around the edge of the brim on the Playboy itself...;)

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
This is great.......:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You should do one of yourself for your avatar.

Thanks much, pal! I don't know why I haven't gotten around to that. Well, I do have the caricature of myself - I use it on my biz cards and website - but I just need to get my girlfriend to give me a digital copy of it from her computer. She does all the graphics for me.

All the best!

www.caricaturesbygene.com

Mario

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Douglas, no one listens to the hat and chooses their style accordingly, like you do.

Here's me, with my 7 1/4 head in a 7 5/8 LO Whippet, ala-Johnny Depp. Even 3 sizes too big, it still isn't close to the 'Depp look'.

The only thing I have in common with the guy is that I too can drop a massive hat on my head, bash it like a hobo, and for some inexplicable reason...my girlfriend loves this hat !?!?!

MeWhippetMed.jpg

Wow, ScottF, that's a stunning hat! Really beautiful color combo, and it's looking great on you. Still...if I was you, I'd be worried if I'll end up with a permanent...hmm...top crease in my ear... ;)

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
I wore this blue/grey-ish Bailey Lite (fake) Straw today while entertaining the kiddies at a local library event:

DSC_0005.jpg

Great shots Gene. Those kids look like they are enjoying the day with you. Great "swoop" on the brim of that one.

barra063

Familiar Face
My new Mid Grey Stylemaster arrived today from Nungar Trading So It is firmly planted on the noggin. Now for a Silverbelly Campdraft.

Thanks Steve.

barra063

Familiar Face
My new Mid Grey Stylemaster arrived today from Nungar Trading So It is firmly planted on the noggin. Now for a Silverbelly Campdraft.

Thanks Steve.

P.S. OOPS

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Wow, ScottF, that's a stunning hat! Really beautiful color combo, and it's looking great on you. Still...if I was you, I'd be worried if I'll end up with a permanent...hmm...top crease in my ear... ;)

Haha! Thanks - funny,when I looked at that pic I saw the 'ear bend' also, but wearing the hat I don't feel it.

Before picking up this hat, I always felt weird in a hat that wasn't snug. Now I'm pretty much only wearing my 7 3/8's hats (one size up) - they just feel better. Also glad now that I ordered the 59cm from Akubra.

ChicagoRon

New in Town
Two New Hats for Summer

I'm back on the Fedora Lounge site after a year, good to see these entertaining posts again.
I just bought two new straw hats for summer--- First, an Optimo model from Worth and Worth, a NYC boutique shop where I've bought a couple of winter fedoras in recent years. Nice place. Optimo was about $125, well made, smart looking.
The other is called a Jaxon Safari Grade 8 Panama, classic fedora, from Village Hat shop online in San Diego, cost was $95 plus shipping. Also nice hat. I can't seem to find places in Boston (where I live, Chicago is home town) that really have a decent hat selection. If you know of any, let me know. For this winter's fedora, I might try Bencraft Hatters, NYC or back to Worth and Worth. I would rather not go over $200 for the winter hat. My two fedoras from Worth and Worth are Italian (forget the name) and were about $150 each.

That's all for now. Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!

Ron

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Great shots Gene. Those kids look like they are enjoying the day with you. Great "swoop" on the brim of that one.

Thank you, Mr. P. I shouldn't like this cheap little hat as much as I do, but I do. :p

---------------

Lookin' cool in that summer weight, Paddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe