Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey Fruno! I went and actually used the tools that the site provides and found that it was last March that I posted pics of my Homburg attempt.

f59554cc9d023bb9c021853ecdbd9a83.jpg

Poor light in the pic, but it doesn't hide the fact that I couldn't get the brim curl to look right.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sun on the hills early in the morning, then suddendly clouds arrived.
33bh3l1.jpg

Meer (name of the hat shop in Strasbourg) clear grey, made in France probably in the 40' maybe early
2z83ol1.jpg

It is a mixed felt, mostly in wool. Raw brim and thin black ribbon
azc6lf.jpg

Without linen, with an almost dry sweatband
ets939.jpg

Very confortable

Thanks for the likes on the homburg marked Carlton of Monday.
As always this thread is an inspiration.
Thanks loungers and compliments for your mixed and marvellous hats

GHT

I'll Lock Up
bamboo 001.JPG

There's a sartorial solution to your problem - dress for the temperature, don't burn more fuel!
My thermostat is set to 18C, and I wear a pullover or jacket (occasionally both) indoors.

I take it that's a no to my fuel bills, ok. Seen here taking Hal's advice

bamboo 002.JPG

If I had 100 ties I'd be having a garage sale, or making a gift to my local thrift store!
You don't have a 100 ties to wear them. Obviously, you've never been 'tied' to the bedstead.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey everyone!
Looking sharp today, all.
Thank you for the likes and nice comments.
Last summer, I found a thrashed Resistol 4XB Western at the flea market. I cleaned it up, trimmed it down and bound the brim, but that was in the days before I made my block, rounding jack or owned a sewing machine. I also tried to make it into a homburg. Needless to say, I wasn't overly thrilled with the results, so it sat unworn for months.
Last night, all my favorite shows were reruns, nothing on the DVR, so I busted out the poor old thing and reworked it into something I'm a little more likely to wear.

f06fbf60e091f975beebce944df0526a.jpg
308b66f019acd07006cea784307c7089.jpg
879d009b107d4a2999685065f6e84906.jpg

Crown is 5" as creased, 6" open. Brim is 2 1/4". My best brim binding so far. Thanks again tonyb for starting that brim binding how-to thread (and Art for adding to it!).
Have a great day!
Pretty hat and band!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Fruno! I went and actually used the tools that the site provides and found that it was last March that I posted pics of my Homburg attempt.
Poor light in the pic, but it doesn't hide the fact that I couldn't get the brim curl to look right.

I just saw this post - must've missed it from last night. That actually doesn't look half bad. some kettle curl irons probably would have given better results. All-in-all, however, you have a great hat there!

Wormser "The Texan"

That's a nice looking hat, Harv. There's a size 7 up on OFAS.

Yes, it's Weis wednesday!!
And some close ups (of the hat!! Don't worry!) for Moon.

@Anthony, is this what you had in mind??

Enjoy your wednesday and keep those great hats coming!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

I think that's the first we've seen of the interior of one of Esther's hats. That looks nice!

EstherWeis

Vendor
I think that's the first we've seen of the interior of one of Esther's hats. That looks nice!

Aw thx! It's obviously not perfect yet.
I decided to surprise Sergej with a leather sweat and lining.
It's not something that is done in women's millinery but decided to give it a go.

This is the first one I ever did, so I'm sure they will get better with more practise.
Nr. 2 is already going in easier.

Sergej will get a better liner once they arrive.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe