Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
The reason I've been coming back to this forum for a few years now is that I love to see people making beautiful things, and I love it when they have a great sense of individual style. Cheers to both Esther and Serge, and I can't wait to see what Esther will do in the future.
Also, I mentioned in another thread some time ago (in the Outerwear section, I believe) that for some reason people in The Netherlands and in Belgium have a real affinity for wonderful combinations of browns and greens. It's a combination one doesn't see very often in other countries. Serge's outfits are often perfect examples of it. Just an observation, but it's a look that has affected my own choices in dress. All the best.
Thanks Bob. Much appreciated. And yes, Esther is doing great work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This morning for a trip to the grocery store I wore this to punish myself for watching this damn team stink it up every night

bde1232ed3afd4be862eb63739dbad25.jpg

My girls in their straws on this beautiful day

81ddea0767179ee0a8d914d4bb26b7f5.jpg

Twenty Five for me

9d6da99aac598fdc901a5d45b96e6d33.jpg

6f07e15064bb0f06974d61ba21125a47.jpg

96b9f46d4036686a8dc3a23110f56e9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Fruno, you say "not half bad" but you fail to mention the other half...:D
Still, decent curl (using embroidery hoops and clothespins) but not the right curl for a hommie.

Fruno, you say "not half bad" but you fail to mention the other half...:D
Still, decent curl (using embroidery hoops and clothespins) but not the right curl for a hommie.

The other half isn't facing the camera!

Could it be a stiffener issue, as well? Hommie's have pretty stiff brims and those curls aren't going anywhere.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Not a stiffener issue, the brim had plenty of shellac and dried in the position I put it in. The issue was that I just wasn't happy with the shape of the curl, too squared instead of curved. Also, my hand binding job showed my lack of talent experience. I believe I found my OR project soon after and my Homburg kind of went to the back burner then off the stove completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe