Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Fed.
27c3be2bef0fd6441cd970d04dd6c6e7.jpg
25bf1f149f963661d1fce377cc712b2a.jpg
1af45ad9c15f80b3465944a8b691de85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas!
My niece loved the hippiee hat I made, hopefully soon she can wear it while we try out the new metal detectors my Mom got us.:)
It's sunny, but chilly. I was going for the OR, but then grabbed the 3XBQ Stetson, and decided to give it a good steam and brush to perk it up for the honor of Hat o' the Day. I hadn't realized just how much I had matted the nap of the felt during my last reblock and sweat replacement. Brushed it backwards like I did for the Lembert and got good results. Not sure what process was used to ake this finish, but it feels much more velour-like now.

629b7730a95c6b782683a78932fcdde0.jpg
58bb7edfa23797151e4c04887ec1cbe5.jpg

There's just something to love about an old, soft hat. And maybe even about a guy who wears it! :)

Out the day after Christmas antiquing with my Lovely Bride in this 50s Stetson 3X Open Road-that-doesn't-actually-say-Open Road in it anywhere. Picked this up a couple of weeks ago partially on a tip from The Hat Whisperer (Moon). It needed some TLC in the form of a bath and a re-block, but it seems to have perked up nicely in time for its inaugural trip on my head. And in today's case, weathering a good rain storm.

Picture9.jpg
Picture6.jpg

El Zipster

New in Town
El Zipster--nicely done creasing on the CD. Good job on the photos, too.
Many thanks, I still have a little tweeking to do on the bash, but have to say I'm pleased with the overall look.
Taking the photos today, with the breathtaking views was an absolute pleasure.
Cheers
Zip

great looking lid Jim
great save

Thanks, my friend. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting, but in the end, it's turned out great.

Here's the kicker. We found my wife an almost identical 3X OR at the antique mall today. Got that and found her an appropriate Stetson box for about 1/3 of what I got this for. And hers says Open Road in it and won't need cleaned.

Sigh...

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey, sounds like a fairly easy rehab Fruno. My OR needed a full disassembly, cleaning, resizing and reassembly. And worth every stitch, poked finger and swear word of the process. :)
About the wife's lid...get all the mileage you can out of the phrase "nothing but the best for you, dear." And remember that she doesn't have a nicer Playboy than you. :D

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the correction (I have on insight into this and just went along with what the seller wrote)
I remember when you posted the hat. I agree with dean. It's a Wanderer. It has the thin brim binding like a Strat or Open Road, but has the mid-ribbon like a Playboy. I'd love to get my hands on one but they seem to be a little hard to find let alone finding one in my size that I can afford. I guess I could always get an OR and make a few minor adjustments and come up with my own version of a Wanderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88