Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Took my pecan VS out for a minute in a rare West Texas snow to investigate some noises. Turns out snow is falling from the trees. Imagine that:)

20151227_134137.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Looking sharp today, folks!
Thanks for all the likes and compliments. And for providing inspiration for my addiction. I have found in recent days that, regardless of brim width, I like my crowns to be fuller than I did in days past. When I made Original No. 5, I made it on a block that has more taper than I like now. So, having recently made a squarer-topped "cheater block" to gently stretch 7 1/4 lids into my 7 5/16 size, I used it to do a crown stretch on this one. I like the results.

98b5ed2fd7d81feb8cc6e1b45edd3ecf.jpg
4e4cbb63c8809afa0d87d38d718cd7f1.jpg

Put in a quick teardrop and shorter pinch. Kinda gives it a more vintage vibe like a Playboy.
Maybe I'll call it The Penthouse....:)

Hey everyone!
Looking sharp today, folks!
Thanks for all the likes and compliments. And for providing inspiration for my addiction. I have found in recent days that, regardless of brim width, I like my crowns to be fuller than I did in days past. When I made Original No. 5, I made it on a block that has more taper than I like now. So, having recently made a squarer-topped "cheater block" to gently stretch 7 1/4 lids into my 7 5/16 size, I used it to do a crown stretch on this one. I like the results.

98b5ed2fd7d81feb8cc6e1b45edd3ecf.jpg
4e4cbb63c8809afa0d87d38d718cd7f1.jpg

Put in a quick teardrop and shorter pinch. Kinda gives it a more vintage vibe like a Playboy.
Maybe I'll call it The Penthouse....:)

Or the Hustler... Whatever, Moe, it's a nice, subtle improvement. More brain room, greater thoughts, bigger ideas! You go, Moe!!

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thanks so much, Esther! We'll need to arrange a play-date with Zeger, so the boys can discuss European vs. American hats...

How GREAT would that be?!?!?

That would be a great idea!
That way they can run into walls together. :D

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sounds like boys being boys...
You want to know why?! To quote Jerry Seinfeld, " You want to know what guys are thinking? NOTHING. We're just walking around, looking around." They can't help it.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Sounds like boys being boys...
You want to know why?! To quote Jerry Seinfeld, " You want to know what guys are thinking? NOTHING. We're just walking around, looking around." They can't help it.

Haha, yes I see. :)
He sometimes can't see because the hat is so big on him it covers his eyes.
He goes on an adventure on his way to the mirror...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
It's rather chilly here, too. Everyone thinks California is warm and sunny. Keep that fireplace going!

thats why I love No. Cal.

I lived in LA for 6 years and never saw a day below probably 57 degrees ....that was maybe once ... and people were out in parkas and ear muffs

my east coast ass was in shorts

it also probably rained 10 times in those 6 years as well ... and everything was constantly on fire

Some sure great hats to round out the Holiday weekend!!

Also sure great to see Manfred! Hope you've been well, friend.

And Charlie, that kid's growing like a weed. He'll be after your hats for real in no time.

A very un-seasonable sunny 75°f (24°c) down here today, so I broke out an un-seasonable Dobbs milan.

fa2def8016de3fe56bf1efa8fdc7b0ff.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Very nice display today, gents. No photos to add, just kudos on everyone else's lids. I wore the same 3X OR I wore yesterday, so visualize that with a different shirt! :D

Taking some time off and all, we went antiquing again. Found a band block in my size - fruitless otherwise.

Cheers, all!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
thats why I love No. Cal.

I lived in LA for 6 years and never saw a day below probably 57 degrees ....that was maybe once ... and people were out in parkas and ear muffs

my east coast ass was in shorts

it also probably rained 10 times in those 6 years as well ... and everything was constantly on fire

Man, you're making me homesick!

RJR

Spent a quiet day at home with the family, watching a Harry Potter marathon and working on a recently acquired Cavanagh Montecristi. The hat responded well to steam, block and flange. I removed the ribbon to steam and press and found underneath a a bit of panama PanAm memorabilia, circa 1960, I'd say.

122715_1.jpg

cavanaghpanama6.jpg

panam.jpg
That hat is exquisite,Alan,wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth