Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyK

One Too Many
Great Friday for hats! Everyone looks so good!
Happy surprise in the mail today
900b8603-c2bb-41d8-aa58-a19cb6dc78e8_zpsdf3grz0o.jpg
Lee Trinity from Miamibruno
Slightly modified the crease, a little steam and clean and I'm good to go. I've been looking for some lighter colors for warm weather. Fits the bill perfectly

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Happy B-Day Justin! I hope you have a moment to enjoy the special day sir!

Excellent Friday posts hat and cap fellows. You are all looking good!

Home early today and enjoying some alone time sitting by the lake. I am sipping a dark ale beer (Founders Dirty ba***rd -Scotch Style Ale (http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/dirty-ba***rd/ )) and am enjoying the hint of springs today on the gusty 45'F winds. My brown vtg. Stetson Whippet is my hat of choice on this relaxing late afternoon.

i-NnK4FX7-M.jpg

i-DHwQQc7-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
S4C, I wonder if you could post a photo of you wearing a broader cap. I felt the same way at first that your wife feels. But the more vintage photos I perused, and the more I saw others wearing the period correct caps, the more I shifted.

Then there was what I call the Ed Wiser principle, which pretty much dialed it in for me. It goes like this - he said that as we get older we get rounder usually. Narrow caps accentuate the roundness, adding pounds and years to our look. Broader caps with a good shape offset that roundness by adding angularity. Several hatters have told me the same thing, and even some retail salesmen. Plus, they hark back to the era we all like. So - maybe you look better than you think??

I wonder if it's analogous to fedoras - when I began, I wanted to wear less of a hat. I wanted a narrow brim and a short crown. But after months in the Lounge, this changed. I still like the occasional stingy and pork pie, but I prefer the full-size Panama or Bogart look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks Harv, much appreciated on your compliment.
Chamuco , canes are not my work. I have no artistic talent that is why I love to purchase stuff from those that do.
These are from a guy in the Ukraine and have become a addiction worse than my ham radio one.
Two more coming.
Rei Joao, that buckskin is great, lots of character.
Alan, so sad that there is not an OR made like that today, even the 3 ply ribbons, gone, the wind trolleys ,gone,
hoping stetson does better with the 150 years stuff.
Justin, Happy B'day, gotta be very nice to the guy w/ the SAW.
Coyote; big brim IS the new hipster,at least in NYC.
Greg fantastic caps, really want the quite man one.
TJ, perfect film noir
Thundercolt, More than perfect single action getup Old colts and new S&W's
Or the gun that won the east H&R
O guy, I like the Dobbs
Short guy/ Eric; always well hatted

TommyK and Case; good to see your hats in this hatted wasteland
hatophile, great tall crowns every day, i'm jealous.

Happy Passover / Easter everyone.
Darn it , forgot to buy the babka/paska.
To be on topic Fed IV today

GregNYC

One Too Many
Ingineer, great write up!

Eric, Tommy, Alan, superb today! Again, I owe everyone more detailed commentary!!

Miami, I'd love to see your Casablanca Coca-Cola bottle!!

--Greg

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
Happy B-Day Justin! I hope you have a moment to enjoy the special day sir!

Excellent Friday posts hat and cap fellows. You are all looking good!

Home early today and enjoying some alone time sitting by the lake. I am sipping a dark ale beer (Founders Dirty ba***rd -Scotch Style Ale (http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/dirty-ba***rd/ )) and am enjoying the hint of springs today on the gusty 45'F winds. My brown vtg. Stetson Whippet is my hat of choice on this relaxing late afternoon.

i-NnK4FX7-M.jpg

i-DHwQQc7-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Nice

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow! What a display of fine looking lids! I can't keep up with you guys! Here I am breaking the 10th Commandment on Good Friday!

First off, Happy Birthday, Justin!

Ordinary Guy, (beautiful Dobbs, btw), ingineer, (the Fed looks great on you), Thundercolt, MiamiB., ( the quote was from Casablanca), thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. As suggested, I changed my avatar pic to the noir picture I posted earlier.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I think you look best with the more narrow brims and lighter colored hats. Looks better than you think. JMO, though.
Na, I pass the stingy brims.

A film noir effect for my Royal Stetson OR clone...
That crown looks massive. It needs some more brim ;)

You are correct, my friend!! Thank you so much. Great hat by the way!
Happy birthday Justin!

TJ, You should update your Avatar to this photo - It's a great look!
Yes, I can see a smile there.
lol

Rei Joao, that buckskin is great, lots of character.
Thank you, yes it have. I bought it used from a ranch. Sadly I clean it a bit...
Nice shirt.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice hats today.

Tommy - the Lee looks to be a super hat.

Harry - I've always liked the look of the VVL, your's is no exception.

Eric - the Whippet looks like you just waled out of the shop with it.

Ing - always good to see a Fed IV. I'm a sucker for that style of hat.

Alan - love the 7XCB OR. Being in the warmer weather now, my Stetson 25 version is getting more use than my 7XCB - the lighter weight felt makes it great for when it isn't quite warm enough for a straw hat.

Today was such a day

smugshot_2383490-L.jpg

I think I'll bring this hat on our VT - TX road trip. Will be 30's when we leave VT and 80's when we get back to FTW.

javadave61

Practically Family
I finally outlasted my daughter who had my hat all day. She's finally asleep and I'm enjoying my Trimble and an Oliva Serie G on the first perfect-weather evening of the year.

3043286bf270badb121c620a55b79694.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe