Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
eb12a3fdb2e215fb7cbcaa74598438f6.jpg
6c67c345af028459a00c263164b7b8bd.jpg

Stetson Premier "Vita-Felt Process" homburg.

One of the things that I like about this one is that I found a photo of where it was originally purchased in Washington, DC. While the photo was taken some years earlier, it's always neat to be able to have that context for a vintage hat.

24a9e72d6ef9d98c2e43ebe386897da1.jpg

Last edited:

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Warm day today and probably the only good weather day to see the cherry blossoms, so back to the old Borsalino. I have no idea what kind of felt this thing is - I suppose they used a range of felts just as the big American hatters did - but it's a great warm-weather hat. Amazingly light.

rsz_2img_2615.jpg rsz_2img_2623.jpg

Coyote, you've got the look down pat.
David, I envy both your Milan and that you're in Ft. Worth, one of my favorite places.
Joao, is a three hat day a Hat Trick?

Today, my vintage (1950s) Resistol, originally purchased from Rosenfield's, in Paducah, KY (Pop. 25,000 - Saaa-lute!)

OiHwnSnm.jpg

Miamibruno

One Too Many
hato – Very nice Borsalino. They are soooooo light.

Mmbarnes – Great hat and great history. I love researching hats. I did a bunch of research on the hat I’m wearing today and it was a blast. Didn’t learn much (except that it is a Canadian made Whippet) but fun nonetheless.

Strapped – And sharp as usual.

Enzo – Is it an American Borsalino or a European? Any X’s. They used to work the felts for 18 months. It shows.

Frunobulax – Beautiful hat. Love the older Resistols.

Today, my Canadian Whippet.

Photo on 4-2-15 at 8.40 AM #3.jpg

Photo on 4-2-15 at 8.40 AM #4.jpg

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Enzo – Is it an American Borsalino or a European? Any X’s. They used to work the felts for 18 months. It shows.

Bruno, it's Italian - late 50's by the best guess of the Borsalino Brotherhood here. It doesn't have the original sweat so no idea on Xs, or what the model name might be.

tommyK

One Too Many
Warm day today and probably the only good weather day to see the cherry blossoms, so back to the old Borsalino. I have no idea what kind of felt this thing is - I suppose they used a range of felts just as the big American hatters did - but it's a great warm-weather hat. Amazingly light.

View attachment 27138 View attachment 27139

GE, those backgrounds are killer! The hat's pretty sweet, too!

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
GE, those backgrounds are killer! The hat's pretty sweet, too!

Thanks, Tommy! I treasure every minute I'm in Kyoto, because I don't know how long it's going to last. That Borsalino is a funny one - I see it on my hook and I think "Huh, that's nice I guess." But when it actually goes on the head, it just has a certain something. It's a bit of a beater but it's rapidly cementing a place at the top of my favorites list.

Great hats guys so far.

Ha, good one, spaghetti Western. Mama Mia, Dale!

Enzo, I just realized that's Tom Baker as Dr. Who in your avatar. We enjoy watching him on "Monarch of the Glen", in which he is much older and heavier.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
hato – Very nice Borsalino. They are soooooo light.

Mmbarnes – Great hat and great history. I love researching hats. I did a bunch of research on the hat I’m wearing today and it was a blast. Didn’t learn much (except that it is a Canadian made Whippet) but fun nonetheless.

Strapped – And sharp as usual.

Frunobulax – Beautiful hat. Love the older Resistols.

Today, my Canadian Whippet.

View attachment 27141

View attachment 27142
Sharp looking hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe