Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Underneath the horsehair, for TJones.

fray1.jpg

Thanks alan. Yeah, that looks much better. I just need to find that width in a medium brown, or even in a matching Silverbelly color.

Charlie, Joao, Harv, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments on my Stagecoach...

Guys, excellent display of lids....on this sunny but chilly day from Central Ohio I'm wearing a Knox 15 Westlite. This was a gift from John Galt. It was missing the original ribbon so I put this OR style dark brown ribbon and bow together...add a little re-shaping to the crown and brim, and voila!

Knox_15_Westlite_02.jpg

Knox_10.jpg

Knox_15_top_view.jpg

So I haven't really followed sports since the Mets and Jets magical season of 1969, but I've got to give a shout out to my Ohio Lounge brothers. The last 14 hours of Ohio State football must be among the most dramatic in big time college sports. Go Bucks.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Che; Your pics bring a smile every time. Thanks and best wishes to you and your clan.

Alan; Your Stetson is a terrific example of the rolled brim.

S-4-C; Looking good sir.

Greg; Good to see you enjoying vacation. Hat is stunning.

G.D; Your Stratoliner makes goofing off very dignified.

TJ; The contrast ribbon is sharp. Good look with the jacket.

Charlie; WOW! The OR is a good looking hat on you - although the Pendleton can bias my eye. Fringe hat - why then I am always in the fringe. Excellent hat.

Today I am staying away from business/sports/music. A vacation day to get some errands completed and spend some time with my wife. Todays lids have been a VS Executive in blue smoke (Pendleton jacket), vtg. Stetson Stratoliner (silver belly), vtg. Stetson Vogue (Pendleton coat) and a vtg. CCC (Civilian Conservation Corp.) wool cap.

i-Dr2HbbK-M.jpg

i-jbJCg9C-S.jpg
i-G97tZVR-S.jpg

i-XVtVBzB-S.jpg
i-5qWH696-S.jpg

Enjoying my Sunday. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I missed apologies -

TJ; Excellent vtg. 20. The crease shots give me an appreciation of the dimensions of your hats.

Lord; Wearing the hat today like a Lord - Sir!

David; Travel safely and enjoy TX. I visited TX in the last 2 weeks. Excellent time of the year to enjoy the weather outside, IMO. Excellent fedora today.

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
RJR - thanks, Adventurebilts are special hats. Unfortunately, it seems things are still not going well for Steve Delk.

Eric - thanks for the comment. I do like this time of year in Texas, not so much the summer heat. Having said that, we are moving to Ft Worth when we sell our place in New Hampshire. I suspect it will be in the spring, just before things start warming up.

Nice hats from you today, the Vouge is something else. I'm not usually a fan of wide brim binding like that, but it works great on that hat.

g.durand

One Too Many
Dale--thanks for the comment on yesterday's Stratoliner.

Terry--that's a nice looking crease you worked in to the Westlite.

Charlie--breathtaking VF OR. Wow!

Tommy--you have really got some nice 20s!

Lord Stirling--you wear the Stetson with style. Nice.

Eric--what can I say? You always dazzle. The Vogue is spectacular.

David--classy, as always. I've been waiting for the weather to be comfortable enough for a visit to the family in Texas. I plan to be there in a couple of weeks.

Lee Trinity Blue Label
IMG_3420_2_zpsef77b426.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, I don't think I've seen that Stetson Vogue before, very nice!

Tommy; Somewhere on the forum is a thread about the Vogue. I remember pursuing the thread back when I first joined. I had been looking to decide for myself about edge ribbons and snap brims. Perhaps I need to get a few better pics and bring that thread back to light. In any case - I have been the wearer of this hat only this past Fall. The vtg. Stetson Vogue has a tall crown, gorgeous soft malleable felt and most notable the bound edge ribbon sewn so that more is on the top of the brim than the lower. Very unique. Dave, post above, remarked that his usual preference is a more "balanced" sewn edge. To my eye I agree, but this hat with its dimensions and felt make it all work visually and in hand.

The felt is that special "vintage felt" that folks speak about. It is lightweight and when you hand crease the crown it makes rolls like a pair of horween shell shoes make rolls - round and curvaceous. Truly remarkable pouncing as the felt is dense, smooth, thin, but with weight and holds a shape. When I first got the hat, I took a field glass and had to look at the felt as it was "one surface," not the usual felt with small dips and divots. I am sure most of the folks on this thread, including yourself have handled such felt - it is special.

Color -don't get me started. The green of this felt has that remarkable quality of having other shades show up when paired with different colored attire. Two weeks ago I visited a retail store, amodern Stetson dealer, and got to handle and review a whole bunch of new fedoras. The felts were generally well done colors. But to a one they lacked the ability to show shades or have depth like this (and many others shown on this thread). I used the description of being a felt like that of a Pendleton colored plaid wool shirt to my wife. Pendleton frequently has wool woven shirts that contain many different colors in the same shirt and thus allows it to pair well. Check out the winer offerings of Pend. Board shirts and my description will make better sense. Lots of options appeals to me.

i-JXMBCzm-M.jpg

Thanks folks for the thumbs up - back at you tonight. Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe