Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
Lord Stirling, Welcome to the Lounge, sir! The Borsa's a beauty, looks great on the noggin. I, too think it's a bit younger than the forties. My guess is the fabulous sixties, but I was wrong once before... Thanks for posting, and please don't be a stranger!

Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the compliment about my Borsalino. I recently bought it from Timothy's Closet as a 40's model, but I have no idea how to verify that myself. If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it!

I found this behind the sweatband.

View attachment 21066

And here is my full gallery with the other pictures of this hat..

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/album.php?albumid=90

I'd love to know for sure when this bad boy was made!

Thanks!

P.S. It was classic how you said you've been wrong once before. I'll have to use that myself... Haha!

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
The Stefeno Panama at a WWII-themed bar in Honolulu. More photos soon in Fedoras Afield.

4ba406d97cb3e86759ba09475f14a642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Really good hats in the weekend! My compliments.......
Monday morning without rain. High clouds for a very diffused light hoping for the sun
Many leaves on the ground and finally the smell of winter.
To continue the Borsalino saga.......
View attachment 21077
Borsalino Savona greyprurple. A perfect trilby or as you want to call it
View attachment 21078
Very soft and really pliable.
View attachment 21079
Confortable for a wet and not so much cold day (for the period)
View attachment 21080

I call it a stingy brim, and an outstanding one at that, Daniele Tanto. The color is absolutely amazing.

Sharp Mallory, Trevi. It suits you.

GregNYC - maika'i no!!

Good hat with that jacket, Joao. Looks sharp.

Another great hat and jacket pairing, G.D. I am having visions of a road trip. Indian fry bread tacos at some little diner in the middle of nowhere........

Nice Adventurebilt DJH! Color is excellent, and looks the most versatile. Enjoy TX

SBG!!! What an outstanding display. The 'Vogue' is a highlight of my morning. That is truly a classic.

Excellent Stetson Lord Stirling. Also a classic.

TommyK that Sovereign 20 is a true thing of beauty. The color is a standout. You have been laying down some truly fine hats on these pages lately, sir!

Hope all are off to a good week this Monday morning!

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Case, that Coyote fur hat has great rustic appeal and so do those boots!
S4C, I think all of December is "fair game" on that red hat
miket5r, that's exactly how an Indy hat should look

Many thanks for all the kindness toward my VitaFelt. Lefty, of course it's still in the stable thanks to you, sir! I was so overwhelmed (doesn't take much, though) that I hauled out this slightly younger Open Road, in a sand-like color. This like-new treasure doesn't see much head-time, as I want to preserve it's condition.

PRISTINE!

Breathtaking lids here today, boys!

Alan, you're right about not taking our hats with us! So why do I feel like more of a custodian where some of my more prized vintage are concerned?
Well, at lunch I took a snapshot look at the following Ebay numbers of "Vintage Fedoras" by size...
6-7/8..... 31
7..........1600+ (but the system has difficulty sorting well, so other 7's (1/8, etc.) need to be sorted out.
7-1/8.....733
7-1/4.....402
7-3/8.....193
7-1/2.....118
7-5/8..... 28
7-3/4...... 3
7-7/8....... 1

The last two rows could be my size. The disparity is dramatic when we actually see numbers. SO hard to find, impossible to replace! So I'm slow to want to wear it out completely.

This is why we deserve our own Haiku thread... http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?24613-Haiku-for-the-large-headed-hat-man

The first one, perhaps the best, says it all!!!

frussell

One Too Many
Charlie - I'm sure you find the same thing I do, that when I surf eBay, I always come up with over 100 listings for western or fedora in 7 7/8 and size 8. At least ninety of those turn out to be 6 7/8 that the listers have incorrectly entered the size in the description. A few more are guesses like "I think this is about an 8, since it measures 8" inside." Pretty discouraging, especially with you and the few others out there actively hunting. Good thing Art and Tony are able to help the cranially endowed. Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe