Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayser Spezial

15952680241_95214b7af6_c.jpg

Alan, Thanks! Beautiful Stetson "The Boss Raw Edge"! Nothing like an old Western!

Perry, Thanks! Your modern Stetson "Strat" looks great! I like the relaxed pinch!

Super hats / looks all around!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Wearing a military-themed baseball cap at Pearl Harbor. I'm on the Arizona Memorial with a Pearl Harbor survivor who happened to be on our military base tour today. He's Bob Berg, who was a boilerman assigned to the U.S.S. Tennessee. He was working on another ship on the morning of December 7th, 1941. The Tennessee's memorial marker is one of the white rectangles in the left rear of the photo. More pics in the Fedoras Afield thread.

4ddaf119d69d3d7b40d661a56e294b48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good rainy morning from Central Ohio, everyone...Nice collection of lids over the past couple of days.

Steve, the Mayser Spezial is awesome. Very nice. I definitely like that one.

Greg, great picture! Someday, I'd like to visit that memorial....the cap and shirt look really good on you too.

Joao, Wow. You have quite the collection of Stetsons and Resistols. Are organizing a Western Hat Rescue operation?

Lord Stirling, great looking Borso!

I broke out a Carhart and one of my Resistol Stagecoaches this a.m. Don't worry Joao, the only modification I'm making to this one is to take the taper out of the crown. I'm going to keep it Western and I'm not going to cut the brim. ;)

Resistol_Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Western_01.jpg

I removed the original braided hat band and made up this campaign style ribbon and bow to replace it with...

R_Silverbelly_02.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
TJ - the Stagecoach is a nice looking hat. Good news that you are keeping it as a western.

Cold and rainy here in New Hampshire too - making it very slushy after snow/ice last night. Black Tumwater for me...

smugshot_4145380-L.jpg

40's Borsalino

Welcome to the Lounge Lord Stirling. I think your hat is younger, but it looks swell on you.

Nice matchup today David!

Enjoying your photos from Hawaii, Greg.

Great to see your efforts in renovation TJones. I am a big fan of that bow style in a thin ribbon... in the upsized dimensions, less so on a man's hat. Just my .02.

happy Saturday, all.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Saturday it's the right day to admire teh amazing hats of the week.
My compliments to all the well heated heads
Today, in a rainy and misty morning, it's time for a Flechet de Luxe Century.
View attachment 20899
The fur felt is very pliable and with medium hair finishing
View attachment 20900
Proportions are: crown 11,5 cm. and brims 6 cm. Ribbon matching the felt color "Caniche"
View attachment 20901
Crown could be modelled as you want.
View attachment 20902
Another new-old stock French hat that is brought back to life....

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great to see your efforts in renovation TJones. I am a big fan of that bow style in a thin ribbon... in the upsized dimensions, less so on a man's hat. Just my .02.

happy Saturday, all.

Thanks alan. I agree. I think I'm going to switch that one out for a thinner ribbon of the same style. I don't care much for that wider version either.

David, Keeping it Western should make Joao happy! Can you post a sideview picture of your hat? Very interesting lid.

Daniele, you and the Flechet look like you were made for each other. It looks very good on you.

Good Saturday to all, and a Shabbat Shalom!! A soaker here.

A stellar week of headwear! A few comments to catch up a bit...
MetroPD your lid, as always, is regal, and the Rolls (late 20's, I presume?) juxtaposed with the bike makes the perfect backdrop.

Steve the ribbon/bow on your Mayser is sleek, sweet, and neat. Lovely lid!

Perry that Modern Strat looks classic, tilted juuuust right! Have a nice vaca, bring us a souvenir?!

Greg, keep on keeping on, my friend. Super reports from you this week!

Joao your 60's Stetson may not be as old as Alan, but it's a keeper!

Lord Stirling, Welcome to the Lounge, sir! The Borsa's a beauty, looks great on the noggin. I, too think it's a bit younger than the forties. My guess is the fabulous sixties, but I was wrong once before... Thanks for posting, and please don't be a stranger!

Terry the bow you did is just FANTASTIC, man. Keep up the good work!

DJH, That Tummy's terrific! The ribbon really lights it up right!

Daniele the Flechet's funky fuzzy finish is FINE, friend! Love that one, sir!

GDurand your hats are ALL so classic, and perfectly presented. Every one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe