Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody lookin' so good toady! Hope I don't miss anyone...

Teach, that dark green is money!
Perry, loving the Adam....very professional. :p
casechopper, the color on that one is fantastic!
GD....that is a nice Vita felt....that one is on my list :D
Monk, the Fed looks great on you, man!
Alan....again, you hit it out of the park! Nice!
hatsrme, great pics today! That VS stingy is sweet!
Josh, beautiful Cav!
Reggie, I LOVE that hat! Pure genius!

Last edited:

MrCairo

Familiar Face
Wool felt "cold-weather-hat" during the day:

20140205_225102.jpg

and the Borsalino for drinks in the evening:

IMG-20140205-WA0000-1.jpg

(the first one is a wool felt made by Dutch company Suit Supply. Great for the weird February weather here in the Netherlands)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
My Sombrero literature (which came with it when I bought it) says calf skin. A quick check on the Akubra site confirmed that.
Because my was second hand, no literature for me. Forgot to check Akubra website…

Joao, nice way to break the Akubra in!
Joao, I am glad you were able to put the Akubra to the test!
I wanted to test it and that day was perfect. A walk in the rain to the supermarket and return.
It took some time to dry out.

I actually like that one Joao! Looks like it could be shaped to something like the Western hat that Robert Mitchum wore in Blood On The Moon....or to something that Walter Brennan wore in the same movie...
I’ll keep this one like it is. Maybe if I get another for cheap. If only Akubra sold it on another color…

Very manly sombrero, Joao.
Thanks. I like your adam with large ribbon.

I've been wanting one of those Akubra sombreros for a long time Joao. Maybe one of these days I'll just bite the bullet and order a new one.
It’s really nice. Been wearing it for some days. Don’t know if all akubras are the “same”.

Stetson No.1 Quality from my Zetwal collection... a chicken soup for the head kind of hat.
Another of your amazing hats.

Today i'm wearing my Cavanagh 40 Wide brim....which is now my Cavanagh 40 Cowboy hat.
Very very nice…

MrCairo

Familiar Face
thanks Harv & hatguy, appreciated. Been browsing through the thread a little, fantastic looks overall!

ManofKent - I imagine the weather over there must be worse than here even. Today we actually had some sun in the afternoon! Regardless, excellent look there!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, looking spiffy in the 25, my friend.

Thanks Harv, much appreciated. I don't think I've seen a Roxford before - works well for you.

Teach - nice CRM. I think you look better with the clean-shaven look too.

David, a lovely Stetson for a lovely (not) morning.

Thanks Hatto - nice Adam today. Now that Bill Pew doesn't post here, we are deprived of Adam hats.

David, I just adore that twenty five.

Cheers, Jeff! A wider ribbon S25 that you have inspired me to take a chance on this one. I liek the Champ you wore today.

M0nk - nice grey Fed IV

Sam - always nice to see the Carmack.

Lovely kick off to the snowy day in that "25," David. Sweet!

Thanks, Charlie. Plenty of snow up here today - same for you I'm sure. Nice pair of VS's for you.

Mid-ribbon Stetson 25....That's a KILLER fedora, David!!

:faint:

Thanks so much, Mystic. This was probably my best ever eBay deal. I'm not at all sure that the ribbon is original (the sweatband isn't so it might have been replaced at the same time) but if a replacement, someone found exactly the right shade to use. Nice WAR today, good to see another Adam contribution.

GD - the Vita Felt is great.

Alan - yeah, the Stetson is great too!

David - great looking Stetson, again.

Thanks, Richard. I've been lucky with some Stetson finds over the last few years. Nice look with the bowler.

Miami, hatguy1 - you guys have the right hats for today!

Banky - the Continental has character and looks great on you.

Josh - fantastic Cavanagh Western. I've enjoyed seeing you in this style of hat the last few months.

MrCairo - two hats that you wear very well.

Wow - a lot of great hats today. I'm sorry if I missed anyone!

Mystic

Practically Family
Good job, Josh.....you missed your calling. I've always been amazed at what you can do with a hat.

Wonderful shot, Alan. That's a Vintage Hat Catalog caliber photo. hint hint hint :whistle:

Thanks for the comments guys. It's much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82