Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks Andy. It's definitely a real beauty. Beaver would have been nice but for a more authentic replica of the Raiders fedora rabbit was the right way to go. The original ROTLA was a Herbert Johnson dress weight rabbit felt fedora which, if I remember correctly, was HJ's "Poet". Herbert Johnson I believe made the rabbit felt fedoras for the first three Indy movies and Adventure Bilt made the Beaver felt Indy fedora for KOTCS. I know that Dave Garrison put a lot of time and effort into researching the Indy hats and I think he pretty much nails it better than most. That's a real nice one. It looks good on you.

hatophile, casechopper, thanks guys.

TJ - I went with the rabbit rather than beaver for two reasons: as you mentioned, authenticity. The second was price. I will say that the sweat on this hat is not up to VS standards. But it's quite satisfactory, and in looking at the films and still photos, this hat is about as close to a true Raiders as I've seen.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ - I went with the rabbit rather than beaver for two reasons: as you mentioned, authenticity. The second was price. I will say that the sweat on this hat is not up to VS standards. But it's quite satisfactory, and in looking at the films and still photos, this hat is about as close to a true Raiders as I've seen.
From what I've seen I think Garrison's is probably the most authentic looking of the ROTLA replica fedoras. He also came out recently with a replica of Alan Ladd's "China" fedora. That one looks really nice too. I'm going to have to try and save up a few $$$ to buy one.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks all for the comments on the bowler yesterday.

---

Banky – great character to that continental.
Josh – the conversion might not have been technically great, but that Cavanagh looks good.
MrCairo – two good looks.
Bert – you wear that Dobbs well.
Garrett – that’s some ribbon!
David – lovely whippet.
MiamiBruno – Great looking Lee.
Good looking Strat - Perry
HistoryTeach – very nice CRM, I like the ribbon/felt contrast.
TJones – you look good in black ;)
Nice raiders – Andy
Looking great –Sam
Jeff – you snuck that beauty in quietly!

Good chilly morning Gents! Still digging out from all the snow here in Central Ohio. One day off the forum and look at all the good stuff I missed!

Bert, heck of an $8 find on the Dobbs!
Dave, One of my all time favorites! Beautiful Whippet!
Miamibruno, Very nice! I like that Lee!
hatophile, Again, another of my all time favorites which is on my bucket list, (and I'm just shy of 60 years old so I don't have a lot of time to get one)! ;) Beautiful Strat buddy!

Today on this cold and snowy morning it's BAU Thursday! Wearing my Black Resistol Stagecoach Western.The tall crown adds about 5 more inches to my 6'2 stature!...yeah, I know what everyone's thinking! ;) As far as Westerns, Black is okay. I just don't like Black fedoras.

fuua.jpg

Terry, you look good today, buddy. You could be in movies with that hat! :)

It's always a treat to see a bowler worn... nicely done, Richard. Jeff, I understand that pose. It is the season for introspection and to be inside looking out.

Awesome hat, Alan. Very nice with those sunglasses, as well.
David, that whippet looks new. Fantastic!
MiamiBruno, that Lee is impeccable.
I like the Strat, Perry. I am on the lookout for one, mysellf.
Teach, awesome CRM, buddy. Love the color contrast..
Andy, the Raiders looks great!
Sam.....another beauty!! Bravo!
Jeff , I am diggin' that one, man. Nice ribbon for sure.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for the comments on Yesterday's Stetson. I'll be wearing it again today, so I won't bore you with another picture. You gentleman are all looking great as usual today.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today on this cold and snowy morning it's BAU Thursday! Wearing my Black Resistol Stagecoach Western.The tall crown adds about 5 more inches to my 6'2 stature!...yeah, I know what everyone's thinking! ;) As far as Westerns, Black is okay. I just don't like Black fedoras.
Nice to see it again. Looks good on you :)

Thanks, Gentlemen!! When I first started wearing hats, I always felt weird wearing cowboy hats in Chicago....not anymore. I actually love wearing westerns in the city, especially in the summer!
I love to wear mine all year. :)

Switched to the 5” brim 4x beaver Stetson.
Missed my black hats :)
Because I’ve been working all day this is the possible shot for today.
20140206.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan - wonderful Austrian number.

Joao - I think you're just trying to out-brim TJones ;) Looks good :)

---

Less windy but still wet... Akubra Fed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82