Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Camera phones have tiny sensors and wide angle lenses which record a wide field with a lot of distortion to things in the foreground. Exercise caution when aiming at your nose!

The strong foreshortening will make the crown of your hat look short if you point the camera at your chin and tall if your hold the camera over your head and shoot down. The latter perspective will make a 1960s hat look like it has a tall straight crown out of the 1930s - a technique some ebay sellers use to advantage. Experiment and, as David says, always remember to carry your delete key.

And thanks for sharing your shot of the day with us.

Thanks so much for the tips! I'll have to practice more. Love that strat!

A

Lotsahats

One Too Many
And let me just add that I can't wait to add to my collection so I can share more here. My wife, on the other hand, can probably wait for me to add to the collection. :)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Back from my latest trip with my VS travel hat, to Peru...Macchu Piccu:
DSCN7897.jpg

Absolutely fantastic photo, Blackthorn!!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Nice hats today guys !
good info Alan the kids gifted me with a I-5 sorta tricky but im learnin...(do you use the HDR feature) & do you have a app to post pics directly to posts from your phone or do you still download pics to your PC ?
Im trying to figgure that out....oh yes great pic & beautiful neighborhood there... i have Family in Buffalo & Lake George, Beautiful areas

Chepstow !!!!!! King of Homburgs !
Alan ! King of the early Stratoliner!
B-Man ! dont get sick again man take care we need your posts stay warm,,,,But can we get a side pic of the reverse taper while your out there.....
Howard, B-Man needs your Furdora... & the deer poncho,, 3 skunks up there ?
Randall, great pic a keeper for my Favorites !
Hato, That Haven is Heaven !
David ! I have been sleepin in & getting lazy but i scroll back to find you & Hato first,,,Hey Tom beat you today....King of Whippets you are !
GT, Excellent Moonstone Good choice ! stay dry..

Oh Yea Lotsahats ! Welcome:)

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
The Nostalgia Of Rail Travel & All Conquering Caesar

Fantastic lids over the weekend and today, gentlemen!

Winter Storm 'Caesar' dumped over a foot of snow on central and southern Minnesota yesterday, and we are now in the throes of a deep freeze with sub-zero Fahrenheit temps as I post this. The weekend started with less extreme weather that ushered in a new era for St. Paul and Minnesota.

Saturday morning, listening to the opening address at the historic grand re-opening of the Union Depot in St. Paul. OPTIMO Satin Finish, in Tungsten.

By the old ticketing windows.

Former train attendant resplendent in his vintage uniform.

Caught in the act! Urchin making off with a lady's purse...

...and a couple of fine looking dames, volunteer actresses from the Bedlam Theater.

On the platform, by the main track.

A view I will not see again once the tracks go live in 2013.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Returning to Union Depot in the early afternoon after picking Ryan up, to continue the festivities. Since Ryan pinched my Tungsten OPTIMO I switched to a 1930s Stetson Standard Quality, 'Aristocrat' Homburg, in Navy Blue, a lid Randall knows well. ;)

A magnificent and nostalgic space, we stayed into the evening to take in a special screening of "Elf", with Will Ferrell, to conclude the day long celebration.

"Oh Dear, I've got to go catch my train..."

Having spent nearly the entire day exploring the old station and celebrating with our fellow Minnesotans, we went straight to the History Theater a few blocks away to see their production of "Christmas Of Swing".

Several WW2 veterans in attendance were honored with an ovation, and confirmed that it was just like it was when the Andrews Sisters performed with the USO for our servicemen!

University Avenue, St. Paul, for Sunday brunch as 'Caesar' unleashed his fury. OPTIMO, Natural Beaver Belly, my go-to lid.

The snow continued unabated in the afternoon as we drove to St. Olaf College in Northfield for Francesca Anderegg's astounding faculty recital.

Heading for home after the recital. All around us, a Winter Wonderland as a heavy wet snow continued for yet another evening.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto - thanks for the Whippet comment. Nice Black Haven

Thanks & you win that wager David....Nice Whippet...

I knew I was pretty safe with that bet :)

Teach - thanks for the comment. I like your new avatar pic!

Manfred - appreciate the comment. The St. Regis looks great on you.

Randall - cool Hommie for you today as well.

Alan - great Stratoliner. Hmm, 7.00 AM tomorrow is coming around fast already!

Bert - I can see the snow won't worry you too much!

Jeff - nice shot with the Stevie Stetson. Still no snow to be seen here.

Che - thanks for commenting on the Whippet. More of them to come this week!

CC - very cool with the S10X

Al - brilliant photos, great hats, attractive vintage looking young ladies. What's not to love!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Al, great album. Even with the comely lasses, the rusty rails, the bravely faced inclement weather, and the excellent hats, my favorite shot is of Mr. Larry Shronk, who positively beams satisfaction with his chosen career.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Case,
Very Clean & Pristine 10X looks great on you.

Delectans,
The Tungsten is just a Special look that color & finish Excellent as well as the other Lids.
Lovin the pics Im a Rail Fan so those are special...

AL, your weekends are incredible. I love the snow when it's in your photos. ;)

Nice hats today guys !
good info Alan the kids gifted me with a I-5 sorta tricky but im learnin...(do you use the HDR feature) & do you have a app to post pics directly to posts from your phone or do you still download pics to your PC ?
Im trying to figgure that out....oh yes great pic & beautiful neighborhood there... i have Family in Buffalo & Lake George, Beautiful areas

You'll learn to love it, I think. I have an older phone - I can upload pictures directly to Facebook or attach to emails, but for lounge posting I send them to my mac and upload to my website to share. I do not use the HDR feature. There are a million photo apps to explore. A self timer gives some additional photo options to the arms reach selfie. Looking forward to pictures from your new telephone. :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Alan,
excellent info there & it does make sense to upload to the hosting site,, bigger screen for the eyes & best chance to pick the best shot.
Ill check into the timer function. But much easier with a Patient Wife with good vision snappin em for hands free action full shots...
Thank you,,, I digress

Ok Carry on Guys post up !

scooter

Practically Family
I'm not sure I could convince myself to walk over those logs spanning that opening. NO LIKEY HEIGHTS!

Awesome pics though!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure I could convince myself to walk over those logs spanning that opening. NO LIKEY HEIGHTS!

Awesome pics though!
Yeah, I didn't have all the pics uploaded yet, but they have it fenced off now. I have one more pic, of me at the final barrier blocking the rest of the trail. Looking at that bridge, I'm sure over the decades there were numerous deaths there.

I finally got that final pic to upload, here it is:
DSCN0590.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WOW Blackthorn !
Beautiful A travellin man you are !
My pop went out for a pack of cigs a long time ago & ended up close to that area in Peru....
went for another pack of cigs & ended up in the Mountains of Argentina.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82