Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Yeah, I didn't have all the pics uploaded yet, but they have it fenced off now. I have one more pic, of me at the final barrier blocking the rest of the trail. Looking at that bridge, I'm sure over the decades there were numerous deaths there.

I finally got that final pic to upload, here it is:
DSCN0590.jpg

Years ago that path was open to anyone who had the nerve to walk it. That did not include me.

Blackthorn, Beautiful photos. Did you have the opportunity to go to Sacsayhuaman? From my recollection, it was walking distance from Cusco.

Just located an old photo.

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Years ago that path was open to anyone who had the nerve to walk it. That did not include me.

Blackthorn, Beautiful photos. Did you have the opportunity to go to Sacsayhuaman? From my recollection, it was walking distance from Cusco.
We had the opportunity but not the time. We had to choose, so we chose a Sacred Valley tour. We plan to go back, though, and Sacsayhuaman is number one on my hit parade now. I've just been reading about it in Cradle of Gold, the story of Hiram Bingham's "finding" of Macchu Piccu.

Just located an old photo.
Great picture, BR!!!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, Che, Scooter, Alan and Bert, thanks very much for the kind words about the ST Regis! It's much appreciated!

David, fantastic hat in color and shape! Winner Whippet!

Tom, also a stunner your Biltmore, looks very good!

Dean, very nice conversion and good job done on that!

Al, incredible nice photos, with so many nice details, I love your photo travels,
and I enjoy It every time. Your hats, that you wear comes good on every picture.
A good choice!

Sam, sharp hat your 10x and looks very good on you!

Jeff, good hat your Stevie Stetson but not as good as the NO1 Quality!

Bert, nice Fudora with no brim problem!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments on Stevie!

Randall, I figure I've taken enough pics of my dashboard that I'd let it snap a few for once. ;)

Che-- I may have used the wrong nomenclature. it's a fairly parallel profile, but when viewed from the front, the pinch creates a bit of flare that goes out slightly from the base of the crown.

Al, these photos are fantastic! What a cool idea for a ceremonial reopening of that rail. I love your Optimos-- that Tungsten is positively luxurious-- but your shot of the rail itself was my favorite photo! Now how about a grand reopening of the MO season?

Sam, gotta say your last two posts were great.

David, that is a sweet color-- one of my favorites, especially in bright sunlight. From here it looks similar to my Lee homburg, kind of that "dusty sage?"

Perry. Gorgeous Borso, dude! Can't wait to see the Biltmore when it arrives.

Sorry I'm a day late, but yesterday I wore the Stetson No.1 out in public and loved it! I spent a few minutes helping it conform to my head, and I let the brim do whatever it wanted to. This hat has a mind of its own, and just begs for accessories...

0102copy.jpg

0112o.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, I like your hairy Selentino Hückel. A classic!

Perry, looks sharp your Borsalino.

Jeff, that is a other class as your, Stevie! Darn sharp hat and you look so good with that!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Manfred! I didn't expect to love this one so much, especially since the guy at the shop said in his soft, gruff and yet friendly voice "gonna play a little cowboy, eh?" and smiled as I checked out.

What a beautiful St. Regis you had on yesterday! The blocking and brim are simply perfect for a classic homburg.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning! Snow adventures this morning was on my list of "To Do's." I was out earlier with the dogs enjoying the 15" of snow that fell this past weekend. We are just back from a dog walk. I broke trail with snowshoes and for the most part the dogs followed. My dogs get impatient and surge ahead charging thru the snow. It is excellent exercise for all of us. Although it can be annoying when the dogs stop on the back of the snowshoes. It makes the dogs and I wobble and struggle for balance. But it happens enough were I question if they do it just to see me balance. :) The walk required several stops to warm the ice balls out of the dogs paws.

IMG_3861-M.jpg

Back at home looking for the next adventure. Best, Eric -

(Hatted this morning in my VS Wanderer in light weight silverbelly beaver felt.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82