Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pw001k.jpg

Heather gray Stetson today and...
pw002.jpg

A Strat clone from Art, just arrived today. Thanks Mr. Fawcett!
I have to work on the brim and crease a bit, but it's a great hat and I love the color combo.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
David, I adore that black cherry VS and today's 7XCB is remarkable!

Eric-- your inspiration from others' strats is contagious-- what a beautiful brown one!

Perry--nice heather Stetson, dude! And WOW I love the colors of your new VS Strat clone! well done!

Che-- great cap-- looks so comfortable!

Randall-- your cap by way of Manfred is superb! Really fits you and your relaxed demeanor this weekend!

Manfred-- Did I comment on tha black Strat? If I did, it's worth doing again, It is a fine, fine, specimen.

Alan-- looks like you're really enjoying time with your daughter-- what lovely photos! Nice casual Alonge for you as well.

150719541-- ++++ I really like that portrait, your essay in whites!

howardeye-- nice hats, nice chain band on that crushable.

Flash-- I'm not much for hunting, even living here in South Dakota, but I gotta say I really enjoy that photo!! Nice Tonak.

Al-- You make even Perkins look exotic! Great hats and photos. More importantly perhaps, I'm more than a little choked up at your portrait of Zuckerman with the little girl after having given his speech. Thanks for posting that.

Thanks for all the nice comments on my new VS! I'm really smitten by it. Uh oh... ;)

I have to say that Art must have quite an eye. I never would have considered a hat with taper or really even without dents, but the more I wear it the more I like it. Consciously or not, I think Art made it fit my face dimensions perfectly! As I had hoped the color is extremely versatile, and works with my personal coloring, if I do say so myself! And this "Aster" ribbon with its hints of teal, is an amazing subtlety for my visual palette. I will be posting a nauseating number of pictures in the Fawcett hall of fame shortly.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've been wearing my new VS mostly, but for our final concert of the weekend I went with my dark moss D bar J, strictly because of its rugged durability, as the orchestra spent 8-9 cumulative hours on a bus going to and from our annual performance in Hoven, SD. As my colleague put it, "drive 4 hours through barren prairie until you come to a sign that says 'Middle of Nowhere: 5 miles' and then drive another twelve miles..."
Here in this town of 400 people there is a rather surprising cathedral and a choir that I'm led to believe practices all year long to sing with us for this one concert. 1,100 tickets were sold, with standing room only. I wish all cities could have that kind of attendance ratio for their orchestras.

Oh, the hat. See that halo there above my head? [angel] ;) No? Ok, fine, looks more like horns. :flame:

011nll.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This is a very noisy time of the year. Pre-cooold winter, the water will continuousely freeze and break-up. The ice chunks making noise in the waves makes noise at a pitch that travels far and through our home. I can choose it to be soothing or annoying.

Below is a pic with the current ice break-up. The pic I intended to show the first 10 ft. of water-line to be filled with ice chunks. It will be nearly 45'F today dropping to normal 10-20'F the rest of the week. The lake will change this week.

IMG_3793-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Hatted in a VS dove w/charcoal ribbon.Warm weather puts me in a vtg. Pendleton Board shirt.)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I've been wearing my new VS mostly, but for our final concert of the weekend I went with my dark moss D bar J, strictly because of its rugged durability, as the orchestra spent 8-9 cumulative hours on a bus going to and from our annual performance in Hoven, SD. As my colleague put it, "drive 4 hours through barren prairie until you come to a sign that says 'Middle of Nowhere: 5 miles' and then drive another twelve miles..."
Here in this town of 400 people there is a rather surprising cathedral and a choir that I'm led to believe practices all year long to sing with us for this one concert. 1,100 tickets were sold, with standing room only. I wish all cities could have that kind of attendance ratio for their orchestras.

Jeff; That pic brings me immediately to Holiday concerts that I have attended. My memories include the slight echo of the sounds reflecting of the solid high ceilings. The lush sounds of the instruments singing with each other captures your ears and provokes strong emotions in me. I do love that setting for concerts. My enjoyment is mostly nostalgia and it still continues.

You clean up well in your proffessional job. I like the dress "costume." (My athletes always chuckle and comment when I say I need to go and change out of my "street costume" to my "coaches costume.")

Best, Eric -

Very nice pictures this morning!... call out to Perry and that wonderful heather Stetson. Unusual and beautiful.

I followed David's lead and picked out a 7XCB, Larry Hagman style.

120312.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
What a grand self-portrait, Jeff! Gorgeous cathedral, too. What city?

The clinking ice noise would not be soothing to me, Eric. Well, maybe at just the right distance . . . Nice hat!

Alan Roanhorse, you look mahvelous.

Alan Roanhorse, you look mahvelous.

Thanks Randall, and Joao and Perry.

I'm afraid I might have gone off the deep end. My family thought this was the case when the house started filling up with hats but with the recent swerve into native arts and crafts, they are positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe