Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Timely The Kenmore Cap

P1050265.JPG
P1050267.JPG

Appropriately for the nearing Election, sold by Ernest Voter of Farmington Maine(+ Big Bird-like Fleece).

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bond and Josh. The craftsmanship of this hat is really wonderful. I bought it from the family of the owner - they had cared for it well. It has a little soiling at the front of the sweat, otherwise it might be a new hat today. This is likely late 1930s - an era when Stetson 3X Beaver was a pretty marvelous hat.

I dream of someday finding a hat that nice in 7 1/2. That's a stunning piece of art.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Such great hats today.

Eric, that VS granite continues to command my attention. The color looks so complex and wonderful. It even shows some warmth in the grey rain we're having.

Alan, a big plus one on all the comments about your Imperial Stetson, and that is another beautiful, deep, saturated color. Color is always the first thing I notice about a hat.

With all the Beaver Brand talk, I decided to wear my "Special Silver" Beaver Brand fedora today. This was my first fedora, picked it up at Hats America (the old fedorastore.com) during a trip to Custer, SD a few years ago. I've changed the crease and brim so much on this one that it has become somewhat of a beater, but certainly no slouch!

018tt.jpg

Eric, Randall, Jeff - many thanks for your comments. Jeff, I think this is the most saturated color in any of my hats. Seems unusual for the day. It was sold in Los Angeles.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A belated and collective thanks to all for your kind and thoughtful remarks on my post from yesterday.

That is one nice looking hat sir!

Thank you, and you were looking rather dapper in your Playboy yesterday.

AL, you look splendid as always topped in that porcelain Optimo. Was it a long day at work, or did someone take your cigar away just before the shutter snapped? :)

Good one, Alan. lol It was my Thompson that Lydia took away at the last minute. ;) A pair of special hats today and yesterday.

Al, stunning outfit, the Cagney looks excellent with your sharp suit! You da man.

Appreciate it, Manfred! I love this vintage suit, one of my favorites from the Golden Era, and the Cagney, definitely one of my best lids. Very nice Milan to wear on a sunny October day!

WOW Al!!!! This is a GREAT picture. The Cagney looks wonderful on you and paired with that suit, its sharp as a tack. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks, Josh! I reckoned it would meet with your approval. :)

Stetson straw at the beach for lunch while the weather is still nice!

Summer in October...fabulous!

Great looking Optimo delectans. I like that brim size.

David S.

Thanks again, David! My Cagney has a modified, enlarged, dimensional brim which is 2-3/4" at the front and 2-1/2" at the sides and rear. Your old Wormser is a winner. The archetypal '20s-'30s fedora. That Penny's of yours, heaven sent!

Holy moly, Al. I don't recall seeing that hat before, or else I'm just forgetting. How silly it would be for me to have forgotten a lid like that Optimo Cagney. Gorgeous!

Thank you, Jeff. I posted a few photos of this lid at OPTIMO and at the Field Museum back in May when I bought it, but have not had occasion to wear it until now. Great looking Resistol yesterday and "Special Silver" today!

Lots of great hats. Delectans' Optimo is awesome. If I had a legitimate reason to go to Chicago besides getting a hat, that’s the one I’d stop in and get measured for.

B.J., I appreciate it! I know you will really like the Cagney, especially in Porcelain. Your Hat People lid is truly prodigious.

Nice hats all around today. Al, I really like the Porcelain Optimo. How does the felt on this one compare with your Silverbelly? Personally, I prefer the shape of this one, the crown seems to be straighter and a little taller than your Silver version.

Thanks, David! Really like your Adventurebilt and Barrister this evening. My OPTIMO Porcelain has a nearly identical hand when compared with my un-dyed beaver belly, but is perhaps marginally firmer. Like you, I absolutely adore the tall, straight crowns, and the Cagney exemplifies this style. My Silver Belly is a special, one-off hat that Graham designed for a Hollywood film, and embodies his interpretation of classic style with a more au courant sensibility. I must say that I agree with Graham. While the Cagney proportions are perfect when part of a more formal ensemble, my Silver Belly, with its color, lower, slightly tapered crown and moderate brim size, make it more versatile with varying wardrobe and occasions. I firmly believe that it is invaluable, not to mention more interesting, to have variety in our hat rotations.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Everybody’s looking good today. I couldn’t wear my new cap out and about of course, so I switched back to the black Fed today. Had its first encounter with the rain this morning.

10192012_zpse226dfb1.jpg

Of course once I got home and found my new yacht club officer’s cap, I just had to give it a try before placing it in the reserve fleet alongside the trusty pith helmet. Grand fun. You know I’ve always wanted to play the “Unnamed Captain” is some disaster-at-sea movie. I’m sure that’s why I’m such a big fan of white hats with black ribbons.

FB10192012_zps17640737.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I have to repost the photo because its so good!
Nice hat David !!!!
Yes! It should also appear in the "Show us your dark side" thread! Make it happen, David. :)

Mike, unless a fella spends upwards of 30 or 40 or 50 clams on a local Pinot, it's bound to be some vintner's regrettable mistake, I've found. I'd rather swig the reliable, mediocre stuff and buy more hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe