Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
Many great hats lately as usual. Wore the modified Glen Grey Campdraft down to St. Paul tonight. With winter fast approaching, I really should get a black hat here soon.

CorrectedPhoto.jpg
Love the double breasted suit, and I'm jealous of your hat for its straight sides and no taper

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats this morning folks.

David; You have a definative hat wardrobe sir! That is a marvelous hat for this morning. I imagine it is fun for you to select a hat for wearing out of the house. Way to go!

As to the Whippet, yes this chocolate is a newer one. I tend to post in the "Wearing" thread, not the "new" thread. I picked it up at a store in Northern Minn. on a recent jaunt. It was sitting lonely on a shelf covered with baseball caps. The sign said 2 caps for $10.00. I picked up a John Deere Cap and the Whippet for $10.00. I wanted to return the John Deere cap to the shelf, but the proprieter started looking indignant, so off it went in the boot of our auto for those moments that you need a John Deere cap. The hat has a lovely ribbon color and liner and felt are spotless. I offered my other Stetson Whippet (similar vintage) to my guitar laying buddy. He has a very close similar size and very little mod's later it works like a charm. We often play together, 20-40's acoustic blues, Now we sport matching vintage Whippets. We smile knowing about the special hats on our heads, while the audience is usually mearly appreciating the novelty of our msuic and appearance.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff: A belated thanks for your very kind comments! More food and temple photos to come...

Alan: Sharp eye, my friend! Could not resist the little tyke and I was very fortunate with the lighting. Thank you for your remarks!

Steve: Thanks!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

+3. I re-visited the stunning pictoral of your eastern trip this morning. It is a stunning spot to visit. My visit to Bejing for the Olympics was way too short and did not offer enough opportunity to do as you did, enjoy the local eats/scenery and street life. Your pics encourage me to slow down and enjoy the different parts of the world.

Thanks sir for sharing. Eric -

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Nice hats this morning folks.

David; You have a definative hat wardrobe sir! That is a marvelous hat for this morning. I imagine it is fun for you to select a hat for wearing out of the house. Way to go!

As to the Whippet, yes this chocolate is a newer one. I tend to post in the "Wearing" thread, not the "new" thread. I picked it up at a store in Northern Minn. on a recent jaunt. It was sitting lonely on a shelf covered with baseball caps. The sign said 2 caps for $10.00. I picked up a John Deere Cap and the Whippet for $10.00. I wanted to return the John Deere cap to the shelf, but the proprieter started looking indignant, so off it went in the boot of our auto for those moments that you need a John Deere cap. The hat has a lovely ribbon color and liner and felt are spotless. I offered my other Stetson Whippet (similar vintage) to my guitar laying buddy. He has a very close similar size and very little mod's later it works like a charm. We often play together, 20-40's acoustic blues, Now we sport matching vintage Whippets. We smile knowing about the special hats on our heads, while the audience is usually mearly appreciating the novelty of our msuic and appearance.

Best, Eric -

$10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a Minnesota Lottery win to me.

Fantastic hat at its original price.

What is the name of that Minnesota time with no inflation since the early 50's? I need to go look for a Thunderbird.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
$10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a Minnesota Lottery win to me.

Fantastic hat at its original price.

What is the name of that Minnesota time with no inflation since the early 50's? I need to go look for a Thunderbird.

+1! I'm jealous with envy Eric not to mention how well you wear the Whippet. I just found my first Whippet on the porch yesterday eve but paid substantially more than your 2 fer one. It's dimensions aren't as flattering to my peculiar noggin as yours either. Cheers to your great find!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. Finding a fine hat, much less in an acceptable size for a good price is amazing indeed. Finding them is decisive luck. You must decide to stay on the look-out and accept serendipitous luck.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Got a ham on the spit and needed some other groceries. I put on my VS Executive and walked over to the local grocery store.

IMG2733-M.jpg

Guests this late afternoon will share our ham dinner. Have to fill the fire pit. Axe at the ready. Wearing my Lee All American for chopping chores. In a rush to get things complete.

IMG2744-M.jpg

Hoping your Sunday dinner is scrumptious, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Eric: Many thanks! You are absolutely right. The best way to travel is to budget enough time to explore the places less traveled, and tread off the beaten path.

Dreamofgilgamesh: Beautiful! Would love to see more photos from Ephesus.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Al I was in Taipei in 64 and WOW has it changed... Yes the taxi rides took your life in your hands in those days and one didn't eat in too many places downtown or one's system made you pay the price...LOL

Their money at that time was NT and you could get $40 NT to one USD . I am sure that has all changed by now....

Great seeing how everything has changed ........... and some that haven't.....

Thanks for posting these....

Do they still celebrate double ten day ?????

delectans

Call Me a Cab
O.G.: Thank you! Love the Taipei cabbies. Engaging, garrulous, and some downright erudite! We were pretty adventurous in our eating, patronizing street vendors and night market food stands, and did not have any problems the entire trip. I think the key is to eat and try many different foods, but in moderate quantity. As for the exchange rate, we saw approximately 30Taiwan New Dollars to the US Dollar. Double Ten Day is akin to our July 4th, and as such considered a very important holiday in Taiwan.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eric, every time I start thinking that I don't need another VS hat, you have to post a shot of one of your Executives!

I made a vintage to custom switch myself today, in my case from Dobbs to Adventurebilt.

adv-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe