Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Fantastic. Actually I am in training now. Some day I will compete. I am a member of the Whisker Club in Bremerton and the Handlebar club in England. My other passion besides fedoras is handlebars mush to the chagrin of my wife. There is a moustache competition at the Kitsap Fair (in Washington) that I will be in and that attracts some of the 'pros' from this area. But some day I will compete for real. Like this place, it seems to attract really nice people too.:D

There's a lot of 'stache action up in that corner of the States. The Whisker Club guys are really friendly, and you've got Burke and Jack, those under-25 guys, dominating even the Germans these days.

If you haven't met the Handlebar Club gents, you're in for a treat. They're all old RAF (I think) and extremely friendly - especially once they start drinking.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IsabellaPrice said:
Where did you get those beautiful sunglasses? I'm envious!
I have a pair of the same, I got them at colonial williamsburg at the gift shop.
IMG_4647.jpg

anyway- today I wore my '50s casual stetson. Bound brim, but bound in felt, not ribbon.

IMG_4652.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
bolthead said:
Great Straw DM, did you shape the brim yourself, or did you get it that way?
I like it alot, looks Awesome. :eusa_clap
Is it new, never seen it on ya before?

That's a '50s Champ porkpie milan. I wore it a lot last summer. The brim came that way, it was crammed in a shipping box with a couple other hats when I got it, and I think the brim was just kind of squished, but It didn't make any difference when snapped down, and it gave it a different look when snapped up, so I didn't steam it out. Usually I have it snapped down which makes it look a lot different.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Stetson WHIPPET - and loving it!!

Early morning walk with the dogs and the Whippet (Rather appropriate name for a dog walker) proved its' worth as I was caught in a rain shower just after this photo was taken. Just love the cut and jauntiness of this model.;) Probably my current favourite and has definite echoes of Bogart about it.

fieldofdreams022-1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
Early morning walk with the dogs and the Whippet (Rather appropriate name for a dog walker) proved its' worth as I was caught in a rain shower just after this photo was taken. Just love the cut and jauntiness of this model.;) Probably my current favourite and has definite echoes of Bogart about it.
What a great picture and hat Paddy!:eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cheers IndyCop!

Coming from 'you' that's a 24 carat compliment!! But it's the countryside around here takes the credit for good photos!! But yes, I LOVE the hat!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stetson standard quality cowboy hat. Dirty and stained, but that gives it character
It's a little stiff. It's incredibly thin and light. Look at the detail of the sweatband! The bow at the back of the sweatband is bright blue.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld