Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Adam

2d2fbf04.jpg

Great hat, Ale!! On my monitor, the felt looks like it has some lavender undertones. Is that the actual color?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neo, that hat is by far my favorite of your collection! I love the beautifully tall and straight sided crown. I also think that flange looks perfect with the brim up. I had a 1920's Dunn and Co that looked a lot like that. The flange was very sharp, but it was slightly tipped in the front and back. I think its a great look!!! How tall is that crown?

Thanks! I very much like it myself :).

The crown of the hat is six inches tall, with a 1.75'' ribbon. The brim is 2.75'' wide. I love the dimensions, but I'm not entirely crazy about the color. That said, due to the damaged sweat I might be holding onto it for a while.

Great hat, Ale!! On my monitor, the felt looks like it has some lavender undertones. Is that the actual color?

Seems like lavender undertones all around... DJH's Barrister, JTL's brim binding and Ale's Adam. Well chosen, all.

Raining today in the still snowless Buffalo winter of 2011-12. I wore a Stetson Premier Stratoliner which is a favorite when the weather is wet and wild. The ribbon is not original. ;)

011212.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Austrian jacket today (Geiger green boiled wool jacket) for a meeting in the newly cold Minnesota winter. I pulled out the dark chocolate brown velour Dobbs with a brush to see how it might wear. I put the hat on as a reminder that it fits great. The brush, the brush, what to do with the brush on the hat? I looked in the mirror and felt toooooo much like a character. Off came the brush and out came the hat brush. The hat was much better. Velour Dobbs hat worked this morning. I am home preparing to travel and the Dobbs is back assembled with it's brush.

IMG0224-L.jpg

Check out the fully "brushed hat."

IMG0225-M.jpg

IMG0226-M.jpg

Now for a traveling hat. Feeling that a traditional and boring fedora is the choice.

Brushing with daring attire this morning, Eric -

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Josh. On certain lights this one photographs with lavender tones. This studio shot show its true color. You can still see the lavender, but much less. I like this hat a lot.
B-2.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great hats everyone today.
Especially beautiful the Adam of Ale, the color, fantastic.
David, good choice for today. He looks very good.
Alan, your hat band is very sharp.
Mike great wide brim hat.
Jimmy, sharp.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It's windy today (though not cold by the standards of you people with civilized climates), so I'm wearing my most secure-fitting hat, the Moonstone Fed that I had tweaked by Henry the Hatter:

Moon_Fed_02.jpg

I didn't like the shorter brim at first, but it's really growing on me. Maybe I should have a black Fed done up the same way.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
It's windy today (though not cold by the standards of you people with civilized climates), so I'm wearing my most secure-fitting hat, the Moonstone Fed that I had tweaked by Henry the Hatter:

I didn't like the shorter brim at first, but it's really growing on me. Maybe I should have a black Fed done up the same way.

Love the silver ribbon on that one! A very good choice!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I very much like it myself :).

The crown of the hat is six inches tall, with a 1.75'' ribbon. The brim is 2.75'' wide. I love the dimensions, but I'm not entirely crazy about the color. That said, due to the damaged sweat I might be holding onto it for a while.

Those are great dimensions! I think the color is awesome. It looks like a tan felt with chocolate ribbon.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Seems like lavender undertones all around... DJH's Barrister, JTL's brim binding and Ale's Adam. Well chosen, all.

Raining today in the still snowless Buffalo winter of 2011-12. I wore a Stetson Premier Stratoliner which is a favorite when the weather is wet and wild. The ribbon is not original. ;)

011212.jpg

Great hat Alan! It was snowless in Chicago until this afternoon.....4-8 inches expected. :eusa_doh:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Josh. On certain lights this one photographs with lavender tones. This studio shot show its true color. You can still see the lavender, but much less. I like this hat a lot.

Whether outside, or studio shot, the color of that hat is incredible. I love how it changes based on lighting conditions. Just wonderful! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

WOW Mike, thats quite the photo. I love fishing, but unfortunately in the midwest I'm stuck with the chain-o-lakes. I've caught bass, catfish, etc, but NEVER a shark. How exciting that must have been. If any picture is a testament to the strength and quality of your fishing rods.....that picture would be the one. Awesome!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld