Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

job

One Too Many
Sometimes on a day that's a little cloudy a hat with a 2 3/4 or more brim seems a bit much. I think there are days when a smaller brimmed hat is the better choice. I really like the contrast that the wide ribbon gives to this hat Rodkins.

Last edited:
DSCN9091.jpg

Mazel tov, Gene!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Adam Royal olive morning hat!

I have had this Adam Royal, olive green, in open crown NOS for many months. This morning I brushed and gave it a center crease and put it to the paces. I could not be more pleased wearing this hat. Minty clean, perfect felt and liner condition. Leather pristine.

Photo-on-2011-09-29-at-0941-M.jpg

The Royal is a veritable Stetson Strat clone. I do not know who was first, but the hats are same dimensions. The inexpensive Adam is a fine hat, but does lack details of the Strat. An example is that the stiching of the binding edge is not even distance from the edge in the back of the hat. The worker stiching the edge zigged a bit. This in no way makes it not wearable or even faulty, but demonstartes the hand efforts. The ribbon, certainly quality and clean, crosses and lays almost squarely on each other. A small angle would have added interest, but added another more complex issue when making.

Photo-on-2011-09-29-at-0930-S.jpg

The hat was stored open crown. No factory crease or any other hand's crease. The felt of the brim is much like a newer Stetson fedora. A bit on the stiff side. The felt is smooth and very luxurious to the eye. Crown is maleable, but will need a steam to set the crease. I had outside chores this morning and the brim did not waver in the big windy 50' gusts.

Photo-on-2011-09-29-at-0935-S.jpg

Terrific eye appeal to this hat for all Strat fans.

Photo-on-2011-09-29-at-0935-2-M.jpg

Adam Hats, first name in hats! Thanks for taking a look at my Adam Royal. The many pics are to showcase the first day outing for the Royal.

Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My recent obsession with taller-than-usual telescoped crowns led me to commit this sin with my St. Regis this morning. I have to say I'm rather comfortable wearing it at the moment.

Regis in atonement:

003copywm.jpg

005copysx.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
A variety of hats for a variety of moods. Looks good on you. What mood were you in when the pic was taken?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, all. Turns out balance of proportion is everything when it comes to height perception! It's not as tall as I was going for. After measuring, it comes in at just a hair under 4 1/4". I thought it would be at least 4 1/2, eyeing it next to my Milan porkpies which are both a clean 4". Mood? Probably a "let's see if I can pull this off in public" type mood. ;) Another welcome back from me, Dennis!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
OOOOH! The CD looks good, but would you have a pic of the RAIN? I'm trying to visualize what it looks like. Haven't seen any in almost a year now :)

I'd send you some rain over there if I could. In the meantime, you could take your hat into the shower to get a similar effect =)

I love this photo, it looks really artistic. Might use it as my wallpaper.

Thanks MF. I always enjoy playing with the Hipstermatic app.

DRB

One Too Many
Today I will be wearing this outfit. Picture taken two days ago.
Ivory beaver fedora. Now that I have a handle on making hats, sort of, I am trying to make a vest similar to the one in the picture.
Sept192011mynewalpacaandwooljacket.jpg

Have any of you noticed that the squirrels have been busy lately?
Squirell.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Open Road 3X this morning.

Stetson OR 3X.

Photo-on-2011-09-30-at-0919-3-S.jpg

I had chores and an errand to run this morning. My Stetson 3X silverbelly, early 60's version, hatted my bald head. It has very light weight felt that is very pliable. Pliable, but holds shape a new shape only with a spritz of water and some steam. The wind cord I find usefull, as I wear this hat when I need to do some "brushing" or yard/beach chores. When my hat bumps ineviatably into brush, or tree branches the felt bends, but always comes back to "shape." Since it is characteristically pliable it bends, but does not alter it's seating on my head. A good hat for this morning.

Chores completed. I am trying to be patient for some pressed coffee to finish and then enjoy it on the deck. Hatted and waiting, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82