Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL, the color of that new Optimo is so unusual... absolutely fabulous hat. Just watch the cookies, OK?

Thanks, Alan! The natural, undyed beaver belly color is a difficult to characterize, warm silver. Because the silver has just a hint of tan, it should be extremely versatile, and the feel in hand is something else...

I just HAD to wolf down the first cookie in one bite, and Lydia just HAD to take a picture of me doing so. lol

I look forward to seeing more pictures, especially the Wheels of Italy ones.

I will get to work on them tonight!

That hat is AWESOME Al, plain and simply said. Now can I have a cookie? lol

Thank you, my cookie-craving friend! lol

So glad you are the owner of that hat, Al! I'll reiterate that it looks like it was made for you.

Many thanks for your kind words, Jeff, I appreciate them very much! That lid already feels like an old friend.

easportsracer13

Familiar Face
Bailey navy straw at the Post Office

eee9f1ae.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Envious of the Strats worn a day or two ago, I needed to break mine out. Plus, I've finally treated the sweatband a few times with Lexol, it's getting more supple. This from the mid 50's as far as I can tell.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats in the thread today...

Al: The Silverbelly Optimo is a wonderful hat and that felt must be pretty much unique.

mayserwegener: Cooler days are a treat - I really like that Ernst Köln.

T Rick: Strat Envy, eh? Yours is a good looking example.

EASports: looking cool in the PO!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Envious of the Strats worn a day or two ago, I needed to break mine out. Plus, I've finally treated the sweatband a few times with Lexol, it's getting more supple. This from the mid 50's as far as I can tell.

I learned about Lexol here in the Lounge a few years ago. I've tried it on a couple sweatbands but don't think much of it. I have come to prefer using a touch of pure shea butter. Shea butter is the active ingredient in many top-shelf skin-care products. It's non-toxic and, in my view, more effective at conditioning and softening sweatbands.

PS - nice hats alanfgag and T Rick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust