Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks like rain here in Nashua, nice Campdraft day;

smugshot4330279-L.jpg

Ahhh- that Churchill is a wonderful looking hat, Alan! I ususally go for a fairly tight front pinch, but yours has almost a hint of western to it that I like quite a bit.

Your daughter is lovely, btw. I have a nice Jewish young man (my son, Seth) here in Chicago I'd like her to meet (like she needs any help from me!)

All the best!

Thanks Brando. Matchmaker, matchmaker...

David, that is a plucky smile in the face of adversity!

T Rick

Practically Family
Not too much adversity here, to be honest Alan. Bit windy and a lot of rain.
The power was off for just an hour or so.
We were lucky, I know other areas didn't get off as lightly!
David, glad to hear the storm wasn't too bad there. Lots of folks have had it pretty rough, still not as bad as feared in many places, can't help but be happy about that.

Me, I'm wearing The Big Apple in linen today (older pic of it).

orig.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I agree it is a Stratoliner day!

A 1950's Stratoliner evening in MN. My wife and I were out having a martini at our fav evening spot this afternoon and she took this pic just before we got our drinks and headed out to the outside courtyard. Ah, perfect MN end of summer weather.

Photo-on-2011-08-28-at-1801-S.jpg

My slacks match the silverbelly by choice. My shirt, while loud for me, speaks that summer is still with us.

Zetwal, my Strat is just a youngster to your pretty 40's Strat.

Best wishes, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Hope all of our friends on the eastern seaboard were spared Irene's wrath, and faired the storm unscathed!

Fantastic hats over the weekend one and all, gentlemen!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al, we came through OK in our area. A bit further west, by the Connecticut River, there is a lot of serious flooding - Brattleboro, VT seems to have been badly hit.

After the storm, a beautiful cool sunny morning, no wind at all.

I'm in the office with my Pecan Tumwater.

smugshot1905943-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Glad to hear, David, and that Pecan Tumwater is a fine choice for this Autumnal morning. Hoping other folks are coping with the serious flooding in Irene's wake...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Love those Tumwaters, David! And the Campdraft seemed right at home with Irene.

Nice Strats all, and very cool Big Apple, TRick.

I'm attempting to wear my Penny's Marathon Milan today. It has a unique rubbery sweatband that makes it seem too snug at first, but then it kind of finds a place to sit and get comfortable. I haven't worn this hat in public yet. We'll see how it goes.

By the way-- anyone have any good sources for Pugarees? This old faded one isn't really doing it for me, even after handwashing it.

0022m.jpg

011ku.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
B'Man, thanks for the comments - looks like you are getting ready for the latest Johnny Depp look with that milan.

Funny you mention pugs: I have this site bookmarked: http://www.shushans.com/hatbands.html

Never used them, but someone on the Lounge suggested this as a good resource.

Glad to hear, David, and that Pecan Tumwater is a fine choice for this Autumnal morning. Hoping other folks are coping with the serious flooding in Irene's wake...

Really is feeling like Fall. I'm liking it, I must say.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Summer's Last Hurrah

Summer's end is defined by two events for us, here in Minnesota. The twelve-day long Minnesota State Fair, and the annual Wheels Of Italy car show.

Autumn can already be felt in the crisp morning air, and so I started Friday off with my new Optimo Silverbelly.

Messing about at home in the evening. I already know this will be one of my favorite hats. The pure beaver belly fur is exquisite.

With the enormous crowd at The Great Minnesota Get-Together on Saturday, savoring one of the last opportunities to wear my Summer friend.

Another of Summer's joys...Sweet Martha's, hot from the oven.

On our usual Sunday morning walk, just off Summit Avenue in St. Paul, while waiting for Ryan.

Bella Macchina, at the Wheels Of Italy gathering.

I will post more photos from both the State Fair and the Wheels Of Italy to the Fedoras Afield thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust