Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
If you don't like rain, send it down here . We LOVE rain :) BTW that's a nice CD with the drizzle on it :) Have you gotten it really WET yet ?

I'm sure you would like some cool rainy days - looks like you've had a long hot summer so far.

Nope, I've not gotten the CD really wet. A while ago I got a cheap Royal Deluxe Stetson which I'm using as my hiking and beater hat so the CD is having a pretty easy life these days.

Nice ones, Dave and LMH2.
pw035-3.jpg

Borsa today. Nice sunny mild day.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm sure you would like some cool rainy days - looks like you've had a long hot summer so far.

Nope, I've not gotten the CD really wet. A while ago I got a cheap Royal Deluxe Stetson which I'm using as my hiking and beater hat so the CD is having a pretty easy life these days.

I am thinking very much about getting a new CD myself, but currently awaiting the delivery of my newly purchased Strat...(Lord let that delivery truck driver be blessed with safe passage and no mishaps)!!!

Alan,

I will try to post some more pics later. I found this hat about 6-7 years ago in an antique shop in Mass.
I regret to say at the time it had about a 2 3/4 bound brim, and I thought it was too wide, so I had it trimmed and bound with a thinner ribbon. The hat still looks good but I wish I had left it alone, because now I like wider brims. Live and learn.

Ah... understood. Would like to see more pictures when you have a chance. It looks great, and living and learning is the way to go... much preferred to the alternative.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1. Looks great, Perry! Whatever lens you used in that photo doesn't make it look all that stingy. I'll second Alan's sentiment of hoping to see other pics of it sometime.

Actually B-man I used just a phone-cam. It's easier for me to snap a quick photo on my way out in the AM.
I think the brim width is about 2 1/4, and I do like it, as it resembles a 30's look, I just wish I hadn't chopped off the original binding. The hat has that soft pliable feel that most Borsas have. I have a new hat I'm going to post, so I'll get pics of both tonight.

Perry

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
Today, I'm wearing my second nice hat -- it's a Dobbs "Harvey" straw fedora. It just arrived yesterday. I needed something for these hot, Summer days in L.A. It's got a 2½" snap brim and it's a SIZE 8!

6050157065_fc4c0429bd.jpg

The only other hats I have are a gray Stetson Temple and a couple of old cotton "safari" hats. But I think a Fed IV is going to be ordered very soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust