Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.

Alan, if I had 8-10 hours to kill in Cleveland, I'd hit Lake View Cemetery, the Cleveland Museum of Art, Presti's bakery, La Dolce Vita, and the Rockefeller Park Greenhouse. All are within a few miles of each other, and all are in and around the beautiful University Circle Area. The sites are all free, and the cafes are both in Little Italy. Gelato at Presti's is a must. None of this, btw, is near downtown.

Stunning images of Cleveland, Lefty. What hat was that actor wearing?

All of the actors tried for a look appropriate to their period, but authenticity wasn't a priority. Rockefeller's hat was't bad. It looked like a fairly new panama homburg, and the suit looked to be 60s. According to the tour guides, these are all professional actors - and some of them, especially Rockefeller, were quite good - but I think they're in charge of their own wardrobe. They make an effort, and I can understand not wanting to put too much time into what is probably just a few dollars for 10-15 minutes each week.

Last edited:
Labor Day looms on the horizon... time to enjoy the straw days of summer. Supernatural panama for me today.

080111_2.jpg

080111.jpg

The brim decided to take an upwards turn recently so I've been respecting that. The hat is old and knows its mind.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Labor Day looms on the horizon... time to enjoy the straw days of summer. Supernatural panama for me today.

The brim decided to take an upwards turn recently so I've been respecting that. The hat is old and knows its mind.

Labor Day on the horizon?! It must be all that training in astronomy ... ;)

I agree. Let the brim do as it pleases.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words, Perry, Lefty and Alan, they are much appreciated.

Alan, that Supernatural looks super on you, and I think you made the right call on the brim.

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars

Saturday afternoon. Optimo Montecristi. Not quite my size, but...could not resist trying it on...

At Ravinia yesterday afternoon. Optimo Montecristi.

Leaving Ravinia after the concert. Fellow hat enthusiast in an Optimo Montecristi Plantation.

Love that Optimo Montecristi Plantation!

Thanks for those ideas Lefty. My last time at the Cleveland Museum of Art was my first date with my wife. We took the bus from Buffalo to see the Picasso retrospective. He had just died during the run of this exhibit. It's time to go back.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My early 50's Stetson 15 today. This has become one of my favorites. I really like the styling and the lovely soft dense felt.

smugshot5948598-L.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Cooler here (80's for a change!), so Stratoliner today out for a bit of lunch. Supposed to storm later, I'll probably switch to the Heritage Campdraft when I go out later.

standard.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Nice one!... and I know where you can get an airplane for that statoliner too. 8^D
Thanks! I should pick up an original, as the hat deserves it. But I do have a pin. It's one of Fred H's 307 Stratoliner reproduction pins (I ordered the DC3, he was out of stock and sent this one). You may have missed it in the New Hats thread a couple weeks back (been too hot to chance wearing it, I was stoked to get the chance today!). I did bid on one of Lefty's pins recently (twice), but was outbid (not that they're not worth the BIN price, but I'm a bit of a bargain hunter).

orig.jpg

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Nice Strat, T Rick. It will be cooler here tomorrow, I think I'll break out one of my Strats also.

Thanks Hatto - I've been very lucky to get some nice hats (a couple of new ones this week as well!)

T Rick - I love the Statoliner: great hat and you wear it with style!
Thank you all! This is a great looking hat, has a great feel to it as well. Certainly one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael