Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
DSC_8529.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We've been in Cleveland since Thursday. Even though we're natives of the area, we wanted to get a chance to slow down and look up. The Historic Gateway Neighborhood tours gave us a chance to do that.

These are photos from three of the four tours. The Thursday evening tour covers the Warehouse District, the Saturday morning tour covers the area around the Arcade, and the Sunday tour covers the flats. The tours are free, don't require reservations, and have one to three actors along the routes providing a first-person style narrative of the events of their day in Cleveland.

Cleveland Union Terminal (the Terminal Tower) and the Soldiers and Sailors Monument/John D. Rockefeller (an actor along the tour)/the Key Bank building with the corner of the Federal Reserve
rock-1.jpg

Cleveland's Historic Arcade - details from the exterior and a shot of the interior
DSC_0049-3-1.jpg

details from the Arcade/the Ohio Bell Building (note the phones in the lantern)/the Bradley Building
bell-1.jpg

the jack knife bridge/a portion of the model of Moses Cleveland's cabin and the Detroit-Superior Bridge/the new Federal Courthouse and the Terminal Tower
court-1.jpg

self-explanatory
club-1.jpg

details of the inside of the Terminal Tower/the Hoyt Building/the Caxton Building
DSC_0078-1-1.jpg

taking a break in the lobby of the Cleveland Renaissance Hotel
DSC_0104-1-1.jpg

After the tour on Thursday, we had a great dinner at La Strada on E. 4th St.
DSC_0048-2.jpg

Last edited:
Alan I love that fedora, it really has a classic shape. And either that one is brand new or you've kept it in great shape - the brim looks so neat, no kinks. I'm really particular with "smart" hats as opposed to bush hats which must look worn. I don't like even the slightest kink in my fedora/trilby/homburg/bowler etc.

Thanks for your comment... this is a mid 20th century hat (Borsalinos are notoriously difficult to pin down) in very good condition, It does have a bit of stiffness to the light weight felt which gives it a nice crisp profile.

cheers,
Alan

RBH

Bartender
I spent the weekend at Buckaroo Hatters to help Mike with the ''ARE YOU...“Tough Enough To Wear Pink?” benifit
Poker Run for the WINGS CANCER FONDATION.

Me wearing the new Stratoliner prototype.

bikes079.jpg

A few of the bikes outside the shop.

bikes023.jpg

Getting ready to start the run.

bikes033.jpg

bikes036.jpg

A survior giving Mike a hug.

bikes037.jpg

a few hats...

bikes043.jpg

This gal can play a mean banjo, she picked up her hat that morning.

bikes039.jpg

I had a great time and it was fantastic to be able to help for an event like this.

bobm

A-List Customer
Hey, bobm...

photo4.jpg

Anyone ever tell you that you look like this guy...

26531496.jpg

(It's actor Keith Carradine)

Sorry for the delay on this one. Nope, never heard that one; it's must be this particular pose. BTW, did see Cowboys and Aliens and Carridine (as sheriff) wore his hat well.

Bob

Great pictures, Rusty!

Lefty, we've been driving through Cleveland on our trips to Chicago... going to have to leave time to stop and see a bit. Thanks for tour highlights.

cheers,
Alan

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Stunning images of Cleveland, Lefty. What hat was that actor wearing?

Rusty: Beautiful pictures. That Strat mule looks great on ya!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Happy Monday, everyone. Hope it's a good week all around.

I got things off to a good start for me with my blue Borsalino.

smugshot5043731-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Reporting In From The Field

Saturday afternoon. Optimo Montecristi. Not quite my size, but...could not resist trying it on...

At Ravinia yesterday afternoon. Optimo Montecristi.

Leaving Ravinia after the concert. Fellow hat enthusiast in an Optimo Montecristi Plantation.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic photos, Lefty & Rusty!!

Lefty, I've only been to Cleavland once and that was to visit the Rock and Roll Museum about 15 years ago. The architecture is just exquisite and after seeing those pictures, I really want to make another trip out there. The Cleveland Renaissance Hotel looks purely spectacular. That winding gilded gold staircase is something that photographers dreams are made of. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Rusty, That new Strat is perfectly proportioned. From the pictures, I couldn't even tell whether it was new or vintage.....and thats exactly the point. I can't wait to buy one!It was great to see that you and the Major were participating in such a great cause. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael