Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I just got back from Washington D.C. I was out there for the swearing in and some other business. I brought along my Stetson Whippet in a pretty gray color.

Here I am at the Capitol Hill Club with Congressman Mike Pence of Indiana…

5331929271_85f8d69749.jpg

... and with Congressman Scott Rigell of Virginia.

5331929409_a40bfcfaaa.jpg

Met a bunch of others but these were the only two I got a photo with. Too many people there. It was a mad house!

5321589912_a99dda5e0c.jpg

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Great photos above!

Here's my pick for the day; Stetson St. Regis. I wore this one out to dinner with the family to celebrate something. Something personal, I might add, but great nonetheless.

Photoon2011-01-07at00453.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I just got back from Washington D.C. I was out there for the swearing in and some other business. I brought along my Stetson Whippet in a pretty gray color.

Here I am at the Capitol Hill Club with Congressman Mike Pence of Indiana

Wow. Awesome pics!

Today I went with my favorite - Royal Stetson Deluxe
37aa8d73.jpg

DRB

One Too Many

Here I am at the Capitol Hill Club with Congressman Mike Pence of Indiana…

5331929271_85f8d69749.jpg

I think you would make a great Ambassador of Hats. I'll ask Pres. Obama to create a cabinet position for you.

DRB

One Too Many
Great photos above!

Here's my pick for the day; Stetson St. Regis. I wore this one out to dinner with the family to celebrate something. Something personal, I might add, but great nonetheless.

Photoon2011-01-07at00453.jpg

Of all the photos I have seen of you this one is my favorite. The hat in that light almost looks like your avatar.

Nice hat Rodkins. Hatophile: I am not a big fan of gray hats but that one looks quite comfortable on you.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
[...] I can't believe you don't like gray!

I had a similar response. There are SO many different grays that it's almost like saying that one don't like fruit or vegetables. We would be hard pressed to find a person that doesn't find at least a couple that are delectable. ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Of all the photos I have seen of you this one is my favorite. The hat in that light almost looks like your avatar.

Nice hat Rodkins. Hatophile: I am not a big fan of gray hats but that one looks quite comfortable on you.

Thank you! Yes, sometimes the color of the hat is extremely similar to that of my avatar, which seems to happen mostly outdoors on a foggy day, or just inside of my room which is where the above picture was taken. At other times, the hat assumes an almost light grey-green, or even light grey-blue tone, depending on the lighting of certain areas. The one in the avatar's associated film is a part of the reason I bought this off of eBay, having seen it a week prior to my eBay hunt. That, and The Godfather (first one), in which Michael Corleone wears a similar light grey homburg, were some of the inspirations behind that Film talk aside, it's definitely the most comfortable hat I own, in addition to being my only vintage.

Today was Derby Day... more snow than mint juleps and roses, unfortunately.
1950s Stetson bowler that came from the Kleinhans Company in Buffalo, NY.
I've had it for a couple of decades... first time wearing it out of the house.

derby_day.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88