Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Been looking at that one
Yeah, I have a soft spot for Resistols. I've been trying to collect as many distinct Resistol OR clone models as I can. So far I have a number of San Antonios, including a San Antonio Fifty, a couple of Wacos, a Saddler, a Dalworth, a few unidentified models, a "Pecos Fort Worth", and now, a really nice looking Deming. I had a Wide Country but the brim on it was too narrow for my round face, so Harv is now the proud owner of that beauty.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
"Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:47 am on April 6, 2016."

I am not sure if this means it is in the ignore pile in NYC or if it has actually passed through their process.

At least the RL Williams is in the USA. Now if they got me the right size this time...

Fed

Mm25

One Too Many
This!
icm_fullxfull.88239587_fad7tefkypkww84ck4w0.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Behind Jim , Rick, and Bob actually :)

that Gannon was blocked with the same 52 as my whiskey

You are going to love it ... it makes any bash you can think of possible
Well it does stink that so many of us thin ribbon aficionados are the same size 7 1/4, as we likely bid against one another on eBay, but we also have the benefit of trading with and buying hats from each other, which to me, has made this hobby/obsession all the more fun.

This is somewhat related to "What hat are you waiting for" I have spent time the last few days perusing the websites of custom hatters across N America and while I have YET to order from Mr Gannon I do have two NW hats from Mike with a third on its way. It strikes me that these two hatters represent incredible value to price based on what other hatters charge. I am thinking I need order one from Mr Gannon and another from Mike before the prices rise to meet the market. Although we shouldn't tell them that directly!!!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This is somewhat related to "What hat are you waiting for" I have spent time the last few days perusing the websites of custom hatters across N America and while I have YET to order from Mr Gannon I do have two NW hats from Mike with a third on its way. It strikes me that these two hatters represent incredible value to price based on what other hatters charge. I am thinking I need order one from Mr Gannon and another from Mike before the prices rise to meet the market. Although we shouldn't tell them that directly!!!!

Gannon's prices have already gone up
My first beaver Gannon was $195
They are now $220...and will continue to go up... and rightfully so ... he is swamped and his product is great

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Very nice hat and nice hat block.

Tell us about your hat.

As to the block, I use my hat block both for reshaping hats as needed, but also to store the one that I am wearing most often. Works well. You would not regret having one.

http://www.hatshapers.com/Product Pages/Straight_Sided_Dome.htm I discussed my exact size and they tweaked it to be perfect for using with the sweat still in place. Not perfect for the block, but I have learned to work around that and prefer to not remove the sweats from hats that I am reshaping.

Fed

Mm25

One Too Many
Very nice hat and nice hat block.

Tell us about your hat.

As to the block, I use my hat block both for reshaping hats as needed, but also to store the one that I am wearing most often. Works well. You would not regret having one.

http://www.hatshapers.com/Product Pages/Straight_Sided_Dome.htm I discussed my exact size and they tweaked it to be perfect for using with the sweat still in place. Not perfect for the block, but I have learned to work around that and prefer to not remove the sweats from hats that I am reshaping.

Fed
The hat is a Gannon, which should be on its way. It took a while for him to obtain the felt, which is actually a navy blue. The brim binding is in a matching blue and the ribbon is one inch, steel gray.
I spent a long time picking ribbon to try and maximize the blue look of the felt.

I almost went with a one inch burgudy, but some female advice was that this look was more understated and emphasized the felt, whereas the burgundy was too much about the pop of the ribbon color.

Changing topics, I have looked at the blocks you recommend, but when using with the sweat still in, isn't it loose in the body of the hat? Or if the body is tight, isn't it too tight at the sweat?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
"Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:47 am on April 6, 2016."

I am not sure if this means it is in the ignore pile in NYC or if it has actually passed through their process.

At least the RL Williams is in the USA. Now if they got me the right size this time...

Fed
Let us know... I'm rooting for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe