Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
This was last night at an English Beat show. Dave Wakeling rocked the house for a full two hours - fantastic show, it could have been 1980 all over again (except the house was full of all of us 40 to death aged, ha!)

Trousers - Vivien of Holloway
Shoes - Remix
Cardigan - Ebay (it says Hello Sailor on it, very cute)
Cheeky attitude - Mine

3496665567_e09f9f1bdc.jpg
Helloooo Inky! ;) :eusa_clap :whistling:D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1939/40 DB suit

Sun was shining but with a light breeze, it allowed me to wear this lovely early 40's DB suit from America (beautiful large lapels you can fly with!).

Due to the rush, the inside jacket retaining button is undone, hence the hang of the jacket on my torso is slightly out-of-balance/alignment (I fixed it later!). I also popped a pair of braces/suspenders (as my US Cousins say!), as the pants/trousers need them to hitch em up!, as without...(as you can see) the bottoms are breaking in more places than the polar icecap!

Moral: Do not take any photos until everything's in place!! lesson learnt, "Here endeth the lesson!" :D

Suit1939DB001.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
on the homefront reading a magazine...

Here I am reading LIFE magazine, the issue is dated August 25,1941. "Fred Astaire and son" are on the front cover. Beech-Nut gum ad on back cover.
Vintage pieces:
little faux fur cap
tan/brown/grey large polka dot scarf worn inside jacket collar
rayon/wool grey-blue jacket labeled "FASHIONED by Van
Houten
", with logo tag for Coat and Suit Industry National Recovery Board
dark brown corde-purse
golden below elbow gloves
clip earrings and brooch pin
Modern pieces:
golden brown wool high waist Ralph Lauren trousers
lt beige pumps
363276939.jpg
363276926.jpg

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I looked up June Cleaver (I have no idea who she is/was) and all I can say is - THANK YOU!! That is a huge compliment :)

Ooop... sorry, I tripped and fell in the cultural gap. Yeah, it's a good thing. :)

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
my feeeble attempt....

0503091836b.jpg

All modern stuff. The shoes were black dress shoes from American Eagle with squared off toes. It felt good to look....somewhat..."vintagey" and more mature and respectable. lol Mr. Chevalier...give me your worst. lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So balanced...

It can be like a walk on a high-wire when putting things together, but this is forged with aplomb!!
Love the faux fur hat - it's just 'so' cute!:eusa_clap The Van Houten is adorablel and the high waisted pants by RL are one of the things old Ralph has got right, and you wear them so well!
The lighter grey jacket just breaks the autumnal browns and tans up a tad, which is adventurous and accomplished.
As an aside, just seeing the old LIFE MAGAZINE has put me in the mood to scan the WWW for one. Shame you can't photoshop your DH and son onto the front of one!!;)

chanteuseCarey said:
Here I am reading LIFE magazine, the issue is dated August 25,1941. "Fred Astaire and son" are on the front cover. Beech-Nut gum ad on back cover.
Vintage pieces:
little faux fur cap
Houten
dark brown corde-purse
Modern pieces:
lt beige pumps
363276939.jpg
363276926.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

Although I frequent the "What hat are you wearing today" thread, this is the first time I post here. I hope to keep a minimally acceptable standard... ;) I will try to have photos taken by someone, instead of self-portraits as is the case at present.

I assembled an outfit that, I think, conveys a generally 50's inspired air.

DSC_0432.jpg

Hat: vintage Stetson Whippet, sand/tan felt, with green ribbon, borderline stingy with 2'' brim.
Modern shirt and sports jacket.
50's (60's?) vintage narrow tie, halved black green/dark green with a silver flourish.
Vintage "Swank" collar bar.

PICT0792b.jpg

DSC_0431b.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
4th of May military parade in Copenhagen for the anniversary of the liberation of the Germans. It was SO much fun, everybody waved at us and so many wanted to take pics.

This was my outfit (Garrison cap wasn't mine, unfortunatly).
3-1.jpg

And this was the HUUGE and VERY comfortable jacket/sleepingbag I borrowed from our vehicles driver/owner. It was freezing when we drove through copenhagen city in the open truck!

2-1-1.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Vintage pieces:
little faux fur cap
Houten
dark brown corde-purse
Modern pieces:
lt beige pumps
363276939.jpg
363276926.jpg

amazing, love love love the jacket

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Antje!

I was just delighted to find something that fit me! In modern clothes I always need to have blouses and jackets taken in cuz' I'm busty. Modern pants, trousers and skirts need the waist made smaller.

With the vintage 40s clothes I've been very fortunate to find things that fit perfectly! Guess I'm well suited to be a forties lady! This jacket does need the sleeves shortened though, adn so does another 40s jacket I found in March. At some point I'll have a 40s skirt pattern made up to go with this jacket so I'll have a suit- made in a unusual but coordinating color.

/
Antje said:
amazing, love love love the jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth