Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Wow, so many great outfits and lovely people wearing them. It makes me wish I had occasion to wear something nice, but most of the time I don't. :( Slim, hope you're back up and running as soon as possible, even though you somehow manage to wear the fedora well even in a hospital gown. :eusa_clap

Darhling said:
lol lol I know!! I take AWFUL pics of myself! You are right, I need a tripod and a remote for my camera!!
Nah, you don't need a remote if your camera has a timer! ;) A tripod would still be handy, though.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3066-Copy.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

early '30s herringbone suit jacket
denim western shirt
bandanna
jeans
'60s scotch grain shoes
tweed flat cap

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip & CherryKrissy - Thank you so much, it was a smash at the party!

Slim, I am very sorry, I didn't mean to put a strain on your health! I suggest you stay clear of the 'show us what you made' thread then ;)

Lamplight, I am also rubbish at using the timer, since it focuses when I press the button down and not when it take the picture! Meaning the focus is somewhere else entirely of where I stand, making me even blurrier! I need a cameraman..

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Lamplight, I am also rubbish at using the timer, since it focuses when I press the button down and not when it take the picture! Meaning the focus is somewhere else entirely of where I stand, making me even blurrier! I need a cameraman..

Oh, good point. I just remembered I've had that same problem, which is one reason I don't bother taking pictures of myself. :eek: The other being that it's physically impossible to for me to take a good picture!

alden405

A-List Customer
IMG_0007.jpg

on the set of slumdog millionaire,no wait a minute its the back of the shop

grandpas belt,boots
jacket and scarf models own
hat optimo

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Marvellous Easter Parade...!!

Absolutely stunning!! in your Easter bonnet. The whole outfit is just so well put together.
That look' would be GREAT at the races too (Ascot perhaps?).
chanteuseCarey said:
This was what I wore to church today, Easter Sunday- though the hat stayed in the green room while I was on stage singing with my fellow choir members.

Vintage pieces:
wrist length gloves with crocheted inset
lt brown corde' purse

modern pieces:
silk chiffon dress
pashima shawl
Easter bonnet

I can see you, but you cannot see me~
361205546.jpg

haha, here I am~
361205557.jpg

HAPPY EASTER everyone, He is risen. He is risen indeed!​

Edward

Bartender
Darhling said:
Edward - GREAT pics and I love the frames too!

Thanks! :)

Slim Portly said:
Ditto, Edward. The frames suit you very well.

Thanks, Slim. They're somewhat bigger in the lense than I've been used to for thed past few years, but I'm pleased with how they look / feel on. I'm gonig to try nad have them lensed up over the weekend, then I'll take them with me to Beijing next month and road test them there. :)

Darhling said:
Stop Starin dress with blue flowers
DSCN0579.jpg

I'm not sure whether that's the most appropriate name there is for that dress - I'm sure you end up saying it a lot when you're wearing it.... though I suspect any such request would be largely futile, given how good it looks. ;)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC02977.jpg

Navy blue three-piece wool suit, vintage tie that was my dad's back in the 60's, and (of course) my VS Custom hat.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just a quick note: Edward, great frames! maybe a tad smaller size? they seem a little over-large for your face. Also, where did you get them and do they come in sunglasses? :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Paddy... When IS Ascot?

What city is Ascot held in? I really like the large print on this dress, its from Nordstrom, bought in 2003 maybe? It has a pretty v-back just to the bra line, a good flowing dress for ballroom dancing too. AND tea partying!

Though the lining is not as full as the skirt, so its a bit tricky for doing a waltz develope' in, without needing to pull the skirt and lining up a bit. I may at some point slit the lining just a little at one seam.

PADDY said:
Absolutely stunning!! in your Easter bonnet. The whole outfit is just so well put together.
That look' would be GREAT at the races too (Ascot perhaps?).

Inky

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
For todays errands, Butterick 4790

100_2455.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Okay, again with the cute kitchens - I'd walk across hot lava for that kitchen! I once had a full retro silver and black kitchen with my in-laws 1953 GE fridge and old stove. Oh how I miss it!

Anyway.....you must be the only actual human I have seen wearing "The Dress" and looking smashing. Do you ever look bad, Goldwyn Girl?

Also, jealous I cannot wear short sleeves! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe