Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

donCarlos

Practically Family
kools you´re right, the fabric is the most hardcore polyesther you´ve ever seen. It doesn´t bother me too much as long as I like the pattern. Polyesther is bad for me when it touches my body. This tie is so distant from anything you can buy today that the fabric only adds some exceptionality and character :) And the width... I have to admit that 12 cm (4,7 inch) is a bit too much. But what about the "bold look"? That´s what I had in mind when I was choosing it in the morning.

kools

Practically Family
I certainly don't mind the bold look. I can even deal with the width. It's the '70s polyester that makes me run. Mind you, I did wear '70s ties when forced to wear a tie in high school, but only as an attempt at humor.

kools said:
P1020578.jpg

:eek:fftopic:
Did that come from me? Carson Pirie Scott? I can't remember if you bought that sports coat from me or not. I remember a suit - blue w/ red pin stripe …
:eek:fftopic:

bk

kools

Practically Family
I certainly did! Millions of thanks...I love it. I haven't worn the blue suit in a while, although I dig that also. Perhaps next week?

just_me

Practically Family
kools said:
Milwaukee today
54 degrees F

I shocked everyone at work with how modern & casual I looked. I think our heat wave did it to me.

Heat wave?? Bwaahahahahaaa. Around here, that's a cold snap. lol

BTW, great look. Really nice jacket.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
GG...You look so FAB! My shoes look great on you!! lol lol I can't believe you're not a showgirl!

P.S. Please email me your address I have something I want to send you!

yoonie

Familiar Face
Panache said:
My outfit from the other day, sorry but it is yet another highland one

DSC08588.jpg

I am finding myself wearing waist coats more and more. There is just something so dapper and practical about them. I am delighted they seem to be making something of a comeback recently.

Cheers

Jamie

Now THAT is a cool kilt. Somehow, I don't think my family has its own tartans. By the way, is that waist pouch supposed to look like a terrier?

A few since I got my beloved cavanagh

Today
blueascot002.jpg

with

Air%20Jordan%20VII%20Black-Red-Yellow.jpg

newpics005.jpg

blueonyxcavanagh003.jpg

And one from a bit colder weather

pimpjacketandscarf001.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Singin' in the rain - well intermittent cold drizzle, anyway - in a carbon Akubra Fed (laughs at precipitation), Eastman steer A-1 jacket (spots, but dries fast), Blundstones (see Fed), with slate grey gab trou, black v-neck, peach B/D shirt and a rusty-red Scottish wool tie. First tie I've worn in about 90 days, I'm embarrassed to admit.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
MarcusB said:
I'm going for this suit tomorrow, I'm starting to like it more than the all-black one now!.

l_655f04e4314f1d3c3f7f19b1d0360528.jpg

Let me make a suggestion. Just bear with me.

Go to Magnoli's site. Order a 10th Doctor suit. Get chucks.

Seriously, you bear more than just a little resemblance to the 10th Doctor. It's almost uncanny. I would exploit the hell out of that resemblance.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Trotsky said:
Let me make a suggestion. Just bear with me.

Go to Magnoli's site. Order a 10th Doctor suit. Get chucks.

Seriously, you bear more than just a little resemblance to the 10th Doctor. It's almost uncanny. I would exploit the hell out of that resemblance.

I second that motion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe