Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Pretty much my standard "It's really cold out" gear.
1943 RCAF jacket
bean boots
IMG_20281.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Today.

7tLrpW464252-02.jpg

Detail doesn't show in this light, it is broderie anglaise with a satin bib and satin turn ups on the sleeves. A modern dress yet I thought it had a vintage feel about it - if maybe just classic [huh] .
That's until I can get my hands on some real stuff! At the moment I spend my time getting heart broken on ebay :cry:.

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee yesterday
35 degrees F

1940s Montgomery Ward's sport coat
1940s tie
1940s blue gab trousers
Bass Weejuns

With Joe the Tailor

P1020576.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
This is lovely, crazydaisy. I do wish more women would post in this thread! (My excuse? I don't own a camera, and the men here don't pay me enough compliments![bad] )

7tLrpW464252-02.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
carter said:
Dman, Love that sweater! Is it a dart team item?

I'd bet it was- I got it at the thrift shop a few weeks back. It's hand knit and has the name "Gary" knit into the left pocket. I refer to the sweater by that name.

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today
54 degrees F

I shocked everyone at work with how modern & casual I looked. I think our heat wave did it to me.

P1020579.jpg

PSK123

A-List Customer
I was just about to say...

Fantastic look as always, but that jacket is something else! Simply gorgeous, not obnoxious like some similar two-tones!

donCarlos

Practically Family
I tried one of the 70´s ties I´ve never worn before, cause they seemed too loud and wide for me. It turned out surprisingly well!

2009_03080013.jpg

Panache

A-List Customer
My outfit from the other day, sorry but it is yet another highland one

DSC08588.jpg

I am finding myself wearing waist coats more and more. There is just something so dapper and practical about them. I am delighted they seem to be making something of a comeback recently.

Cheers

Jamie

kools

Practically Family
Great picture...I've been on the lookout for something similar for a long time.

As for the tie: To be honest, the width & (more importantly) the fabric of 1970s ties is a deal breaker for me. I would consider it to be an easy fix as great ties are so readily available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe