Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
LindyTap said:
Tilden Ames from Henry The Hatter (their picture, not mine)
amesgreydn.jpg
Hey, sharp stingy...Tilden Ames, you say? I'm from Ames (IA) and the big store there used to be Tilden's (long gone). So I think I need one of these hats. :D

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
A typical Saturday of morning coffee at the Atlanta Bread Company near the Fox River Mall; various errands including an oil change for the car; and my usual trip to the excellent Appleton Public Library to stock up on books, DVDs, and CDs (in addition to the all the ones I buy, or rent elsewhere [Netflix]). I always have the allowed maximum of 75 items out!

Brown/gold houndstooth SB 3B ventless 50% wool/50% mohair sportcoat (no make indicated, but it's a quality piece I bought a number of years ago at a clearance center)
Levis 529 light denim "low rise straight leg" jeans, slightly wide leg openings (doesn't really look "straight leg," but whatever)
Brooks Bros. red mini-check button-down, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
Red patterned silk pocket square, points up
Brown leather dress belt with vertical score lines
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Dark brown ribbed OTC socks
Bostonian medium brown captoes
Stanley Blacker tan SB wool/cashmere topcoat
Brown leather gloves
Susan Horton red/black patterned rayon chenille scarf
Broner tan plaid 70% wool/30% rayon newsboy cap

Patrick Murtha said:
Wow! I fully expect Marty Mathis and Charleston Bows to weigh in on this sportcoat, but I am dazzled. :eusa_clap

lol I quite like it -- and you know me too well!

Lucky Strike said:
Saturday:

DSC02708.jpg
DSC02704.jpg

DSC02701.jpg
DSC02502.jpg

I love this coat. It's difficult to execute an item like this with the correct panache, so as not to look either a) tremedously affected or b) a total loon. This is an example of how to do it correctly. I'm particularly fond of the way the button stance hits your torso.

What size jacket are you, Lucky Strike?

I've been inspired. I think I'll get my black watch corduroy out tomorrow.

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. The sober colours of everything else really level it off.

Tonight, I'm being James Bond to a superhero costume party... my friend hosting it LOVES him, so I hope it'll go over well. This entails...
-navy two button suit
-white shirt
-black 3" tie in half-Windsor knot
-black shoes

Pictures later, but your imagination will probably work as well. :p

LindyTap

Familiar Face
Fletch said:
Hey, sharp stingy...Tilden Ames, you say? I'm from Ames (IA) and the big store there used to be Tilden's (long gone). So I think I need one of these hats. :D

It's a pretty good hat. You can check out henry that hatter's website:
http://www.henrythehatterdetroit.com/ They're a really historic hat store in Detroit. (more importantly for me, they're the only hat store in Detroit!lol )

P.S. Lucky Strike, Very nice, I think that ascot looks really good with that coat as well.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Indeed. The sober colours of everything else really level it off.

Tonight, I'm being James Bond to a superhero costume party... my friend hosting it LOVES him, so I hope it'll go over well. This entails...
-navy two button suit
-white shirt
-black 3" tie in half-Windsor knot
-black shoes

Pictures later, but your imagination will probably work as well. :p

No offense, but that doesn't sound like much of a costume...that sounds more like what most people where to work. If you were going to be James Bond, I want to see all-out white dinner jacket, turnback cuff shirt, skinny bow tie, cigarette case, slicked back hair- the works.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Pretty casual today.

-oatmeal tweed sport coat with brown leather buttons and patches (which can be seen in the MEN OF THE LOUNGE thread)
-gold short sleeved polo shirt
-white t-shirt underneath
-indigo straight cut selvage denim jeans
-wide black leather belt
-brown argyle pattern socks
-black leather sneakers

02-21-08_2240.jpg

02-21-08_2242.jpg

02-21-08_2243.jpg

Really now- what is this doing on vintage clothing site?

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Mr. Rover- Wow! Harsh critiquing! Several people have posted their casual outfits- I remember one posting of someone in pajamas. It's not necessarily a "how accurately vintage are you" thread. If someone wants to post their casual outfit or their version of James Bond I think they should well be allowed.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Penny's Marathon and my 3-piece. The picture was edited - the the tie and pocket sqaure aren't nearly as light colored in person.

Costume_4.png

Jovan

Suspended
Mr. Rover said:
No offense, but that doesn't sound like much of a costume...that sounds more like what most people where to work. If you were going to be James Bond, I want to see all-out white dinner jacket, turnback cuff shirt, skinny bow tie, cigarette case, slicked back hair- the works.
I was invited to a superhero costume party at short notice and that's all I could come up with. If I found a dinner jacket that fit me at the thrift stores I scoured, I probably would have worn that.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Another weekend day of errand-running. Today's sartorial theme is "items purchased for around $10.00 (or less)." Among the tools you use to construct a wardrobe, the wallet comes in second; the eyes come in first. :)

Navy SB 3B ventless blazer
Dark tan wide-wale corduroys, slightly wide leg openings (unearthed at Burlington Coat Factory for around $10.00. Not simply wide-wale -- very textured cords. Nice pants)
Marshall Field's light blue button-down (purchased during close-out of Marshall Field's brand for around $10.00)
Cotton Emporium beige cotton sweater-vest with black and red striping toward bottom (purchased at a clearance center eons ago for around $10.00. A dependable source of compliments ever since)
Light blue cotton pocket square, puff fold
Vintage trout fly in left lapel
Brown jeans belt
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Jos. A. Bank tan paisley OTC socks (purchased on clearance for less than $5.00)
LL Bean 3-eyelet gumshoes, tan uppers
Stanley Blacker tan SB wool/cashmere topcoat
Brown leather gloves
J. Crew navy scarf with kelly green stripes (Ebay purchase for around $5.00)
Vintage Pendleton brown/rust/orange wool fedora with matching band, orangey feather (Ebay purchase for around $5.00)

Jovan

Suspended
Even though it's not particularly inspiring like everyone else's wardrobe here, here are some pictures from last night's costume party. (Again, put together at short notice.) The only thing that makes me James Bond is the hair and knit tie, really.

You Only Live Twice?

n201408753_31916544_1089.jpg

Emma Frost of X-Men has apparently become a Bond girl, whilst I fondle my gun to look "badass."

n201408753_31916533_6129.jpg

John Constantine, Ron Jeremy, Emma Frost, Ninja Master, The Snuggler, and Bond.

n201408753_31916526_3435.jpg

Attempting the Dr. No pose and failing.

n201408753_31916527_3725.jpg

I SAID I WANTED IT SHAKEN.

n201408753_31916510_8047.jpg

n201408753_31916504_6715.jpg

Discussing the finer points of Star Trek with Constantine.

n201408753_31916506_7152.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe