Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman said:
IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

I really love the way the watch comes back with those incredibly cool links. I'd like to see more of the tie bar. You're usually dead on with the hat -- and I love everything else (especially the tie, great on the green), but I'd like more of a brim, personally. I think it'd complete the look; evocative of a Philip Marlowe suspect. ;)

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Did you mean...

...the absolutely-best-band-that-God-in-his-widom-ever-blessed-the-human-race-awith?

You mean Little Feat.

HTR.jpg

Back to the subject. Today at "the club" People were admiring my new black wingtips and one moron came over and said "Who are you supposed to be, Al Capone?" I said "Yeah, I have syphilis and a summer home on Star Island."

I was wearing exactly NOTHING that Al Capone had in his closet. I am 10 years older and have a moustache and womb-groom.

I nearly lost my toothpick.

l_8c7cdf8904e88eceb699af791ba53cbf.jpg

First time in ages that I've cut myself shaving.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Sage single-breasted three-button ventless suit
Brooks Bros. button-down, burgundy ground with white stripes, open neck (back to tie tomorrow!)
Burgundy pocket square
Sage patterned OTC socks
Bally black penny loafers (sleek style w/o beefrolls)
Black lizard-skin belt with gold tip
Swiss Army watch
Black leather trenchcoat
Black leather gloves
Red and black scarf
Dark grey fedora with black band

Dinerman said:
Swedish pea coat
Kirkland white shirt
black silk bow
stetson derby
vintage sunglasses

IMG_4000.jpg

I love the bow here. It completes the look for me.

An aside -- what's the response to the derby? I bought one a while back, but have yet to wear it. What's the response vis-a-vis a fedora?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I get a lot more comments on it than I do the fedoras, but the ones I get on the derby are all positive.

I guess at this point there are less associations, at least pop culture associations, with a derby , so people just view it as old, as opposed to , "hey, Indy".

One thing about it is that because it has so little brim, and that the brim is straight out, I don't see it when I'm wearing it, and it doesn't really give much shade from the sun. You almost forget you're wearing it.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Darlin' Pink!

It's no excuse, however sometimes I only get to browse through, in between fires and fiascos... I know that after all the work done, then to have it not even get a reply is seriously hurtful and you deserve better from your friends!

And just to clarify, that in your picture you posed in one of my all time favorite foot posed.... Which in the studio I worked in, we called "little feet" which is just such a really cute and somewhat comehither pose...

And just for the record, I also love your avatar, in a non..."This guy is a stalker manner":eusa_doh: ;) If i may say..."Very.....nicely nice!" :p

Dinerman!!!!

Brother you actually pulled off that bowtie look!!! Including my family physician "Doctor Cash", you're one of the few people I have seen who could...

Very sharp!!

Alan C!!!

Another Bowtie-er!!!

I am envious!! If I wore a bowtie I'd look like the husband from Chicago!!!

Very sharp!!

And the suits!!! Man I have to get out and either lose some pounds so my old sh-tuff will fit again or finally find some new stuff.... Maybe after my shoulder gets fixed!!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

CharlestonBows said:
I want your shirt. And your tie. Such a beautiful blend of golds, and the Persian medallions on the tie really make it stand out.

You always do it well, Marty, but this one I really love.

Agreed. Great shirt. Did Mitch make that one? I don't remember seeing cloth like that from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21