Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson Stingy 7 3/8 brown

Spellflower

Practically Family
2207566701_94e52fd962.jpg

This hat has so much character it should be in pictures. It's got a beautiful rich brown color with just a hint of burgundy in certain light. The ribbon has an almost iridescent quality that I haven't seen before. The felt is thick but pliable- you can bash it easily without water or steam, and it will hold its shape. I also love the high crown and gold liner. The material covering the logo is a crinkly cellophane kind of plastic that makes me think this hat is on the older side. The liner is coming undone at one place, but can be tucked under the sweat band. The sweat band itself is a bit crumbly on the finished side, but intact and okay on the under side.

I tried to wear this hat, but the stingy brim just doesn't work for me.

$60 shipped to the continental U.S.A.

brim: 1.5"
crown: a little over 5" open
ribbon: 2"
inner circumference: about 23"; if you wear a 7 3/8, this should fit you

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Do you think the brim was cut down at some point? The liner, sweat, and crown look earlier than that little 1-1/2" brim.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Dinerman, that's a possibility, but I just don't know. As you can see in the top picture, the brim is an overwelt, so it could be that someone "hemmed" it. Do you know if Stetson made overwelts?

Spellflower

Practically Family
Reorder No.
B565259

Block:
A919

Size:
7 3/8

and.....

I JUST FOUND THE PRICE TAG UNDER THE SWEAT!!!

Apparently a store called Hamburgers (probably in the cenral PA region) sold it for $10 to a guy who I can't name, but his initials are:
W. L. R. (they guy I bought it from told me I'd have to change my namelol )

rvh23

New in Town
do you still have your akubra fedora (size 59) FS?

Hi, I seem to be unable to email you directly, hence this OT question about the akubra sydney/fedora you mentioned elsewhere you had going cheap. Thanks.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Hi rvh23, and welcome to the Lounge!

Yes, I've still got the Fedora. You can't PM until you have a certain number of posts, but if you post your email here I will contact you that way. Just do it in code so it doesn't get picked up by bots. Like this:

rvh23 was AT the party, YAHOO!

Or something like that.

rvh23

New in Town
contact

rvanh at bionicear dot org. Please send me price and approximate shipping to Australia (postcode 3073). Thanks kindly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007