Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What a fabulous car Frank, that garden party has obviously had an influence on you. Pre-war European cars had, what was termed as, 'Trafficators,' but if you had to buy a replacement, you asked for a semaphore arm.
Trafficator.jpg
Just from memory, and it's not reliable these days, Does your car have something similar, but in the shape of a hand? Can you post a photo?

fashion frank

One Too Many
What a fabulous car Frank, that garden party has obviously had an influence on you. Pre-war European cars had, what was termed as, 'Trafficators,' but if you had to buy a replacement, you asked for a semaphore arm.
View attachment 17006
Just from memory, and it's not reliable these days, Does your car have something similar, but in the shape of a hand? Can you post a photo?

Yes it does but only one and it is only for stopping ( in the USA we call it a brake light ) and for backing up a reverse light , no left or right turn signal/directional ( again we call it a blinker ).

Hey GTH your right ,being at the lawn party and seeing those cars did have an impact although I was thinking about it for awhile .
BTW I sent you a friend request a while back but got no response .
I will send you another one now , I like your style and would love to have you as a friend here on the Forum.

Here is what it looks like up close and a bit further back with the rack .

Thanks for taking an interest and sharing in my happiness with my "new" old car.
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yes it does but only one and it is only for stopping ( in the USA we call it a brake light ) and for backing up a reverse light , no left or right turn signal/directional ( again we call it a blinker ).

Hey GTH your right ,being at the lawn party and seeing those cars did have an impact although i was thinking about for awhile .
BTW I sent you a friend request a while back but got no res[ponse .
I will send you another one now , I like your style and would love to have you as a friend here on the Forum.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204643427748955&set=pcb.10204643427948960&type=1&theater

It's kind of hard to see but if you look closely to the left of the luggage rack on the back fender you can make it out .
if I have time tomorrow Ill take a close up shot of the light.

Thanks for taking an interest and sharing in my happiness with my "new" old car.
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Frank, that A appears to be just about perfect! Congratulations!

I'm quite sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Have you seen the television web series produced by Hagerty Insurance,
"365 Days of A", the video diary of a fellow who drove a '30 Tudor n daily service for a year, which year included a number of long-distance business trips.?

[video=youtube;QABfAaouLDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABfAaouLDM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You know that if it had been me there would have been an MG badge:

[video=youtube;fXXYAQM-Tv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXXYAQM-Tv0[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe