Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yours, for a cool one point one million dollars. Say it in pounds sterling, it sounds less.
Six hundred and sixty thousand pounds.

Doozy.jpg

Is the Deusenberg one of those 'must have' icons? There is no argument that it is a work of art, a real beauty, but surely some of it's contemporaries have much the same appeal, yet come nowhere near the price of the Doozy.
Here's a few that can also turn heads. I'll leave you to figure out the models. There are so many from that period, when car designers had a free reign and no wind tunnel.

Jag (SS).jpg

merc.jpg

MG_WA_1939.jpg

The artist 2.jpg

Attachments

• The artist 1.jpg
    The artist 1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

1930artdeco

Practically Family
GHT,

Lets just say that if given the opportunity to own a Doozy, I would not turn it down. But at that point money is no object. Right now I have my hands full with my own version of a Doozy.

Mike

Yours, for a cool one point one million dollars. Say it in pounds sterling, it sounds less.
Six hundred and sixty thousand pounds.

View attachment 16625

Is the Deusenberg one of those 'must have' icons? There is no argument that it is a work of art, a real beauty, but surely some of it's contemporaries have much the same appeal, yet come nowhere near the price of the Doozy.
Here's a few that can also turn heads. I'll leave you to figure out the models. There are so many from that period, when car designers had a free reign and no wind tunnel.

View attachment 16629

View attachment 16630

View attachment 16632

View attachment 16633

My wife's grandfather had one very similar to the first one. Geez, I wish they had shipped it over here when they moved. :doh:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
GHT,

Lets just say that if given the opportunity to own a Doozy, I would not turn it down. But at that point money is no object. Right now I have my hands full with my own version of a Doozy.

Mike

Mike so you are the owner of this 1983 replica? It has Brit registration number plates, but has been shipped backed to the USA. You kept that quiet.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big Man, I love seeing that thing each time you post a pic. That is a sweety! Engine bay pics?

It has new plugs and wires since this photo was taken, but everything else is about the same. I believe it has the original 218 flat head six motor.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Frank, that is a really nice looking 31 Tudor. First Model A? Check out the Ford Barn, there you will find a wealth of knowledge about these cars. I love driving mine around-except for the stop lights going from green to red in .5 seconds.

Mike

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thanks Fellas

Frank, that is a really nice looking 31 Tudor. First Model A? Check out the Ford Barn, there you will find a wealth of knowledge about these cars. I love driving mine around-except for the stop lights going from green to red in .5 seconds.

Mike

Hi Mike I have checked out the Ford Barn in fact I posted in the model A section under new model a owners as I was asking about the best type of oil ,antifreeze and gas to put in it .
Again Thanks fellas for the kind words and DH 66 your right it fits me to a t.
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe