Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Roy Rogers Showing how to Block Hat with Dusty Filming

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I just watched the whole thing. Thank you for sharing it! One thing I've noticed is that he used shower water to help crease his hat, I have actually done that myself several times.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, enjoyed watching that. Now, if anyone has doubts about being able to bash their own hats, I think that anyone can do it. He made it look so simple.

Cheers!

Dan

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks for posting that, way cool indeed. When I was a little kid, I was a huge RR fan. Now I'm tempted to seek out a tall open crown cowboy hat and do a Roy Rogers bash! Happy Trails Roy.

A bit off topic, but last night I watched "Pocket Money" (again) on Encore Westerns. Stars Lee Marvin (in a fedora bashed Open Road) and Paul Newman (variation of the Cattleman's crease with the center dent being sort of a bathtub shape, rolled up large brim of probably a Stetson or Resistol). In the early part of the movie, there is a short scene in a Western Outfitter's store where a guy is working a hat bash over a steamer. Was sort of interesting to see.

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Wow!
OK, First of all, this ought to settle once and for all any questions about how you shape a western hat.
Water.
This from the King of the Cowboys, and a man who really knew something about heavy felt hats.
Wow!
Thanks so very much for this great peak. It actually brought tears to my eyes.
What a great hero.
What a great hat man.
Roy was right up there with Clayton Moore (The Lone Ranger) at getting us kids from the 50s in love with hats.
This is a treasure.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA