Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Roy Rogers Showing how to Block Hat with Dusty Filming

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
great video, had to add that to my favorites.

You tube is my favorite teacher. I do hot glass work (lampworking) as a hobby (I like to make marbles), and I learned everything from one book and a bunch of you tube.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Awesome! Thanks for pointing this out. I did not recognize the Resistol box, but I gotta admit, have never seen a Stetson box like that . . .

Just got back from seeing True Grit - highly recommend it.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I see someone had posted previously, sorry for the duplicate so I deleted it, but it is worth bumping up for those that haven't seen it.

fedoralover

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Now this is cool a thread I started made to the sticky important links thread. I am so happy. I think I need to go out and buy a new hat to celebrate :)

Jeff

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
With a 6 1/2 inch crown I assume. lol

I'd love to know the quality of hat that was. The crown obviously had less stiffner in it than the brim, unless he soaked it enough in water to really loosen it up. Great video all the way around.

fedoralover

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Great Video.
I was a bit shocked. I had EXTREME respect for Roy Rogers and know he was a great gentleman with no "airs" about him but I really would have expected his staff would handled all his hat issues. To see him working that hat was incredible. It showed me that it was FAR from his first ride in that saddle.
I have had Resistol westerns for ages and that from that time frame I would say that is a Diamond Horseshoe hat. They were called 20X Diamond Horseshoe hats in the early nineties and it would have had a two cord ribbon with a faux diamond studded horseshoe pin on the ribbon knot. I'm pretty sure I saw the red symbol of a DH liner in one of his motions with the hat and the light tan sweatband wasn't in that many Resistols then.

Blackjack

One Too Many
The Roy Rogers double C crown roll

I don't know if this has ever been posted but it's pretty cool . Roy showing how he did the roll on his hats...
[video=youtube;4OisMaRcdQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=4OisMaRcdQI[/video]

howardeye

Practically Family
For anyone interested. Roy Rogers still comes on several times a week on Dish Network TV on channel 231 RFDTV. I think Direct has this channel also. A lot of cowboy and horse shows and some pretty cool Austrian Fedoras on their polka shows also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA