Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
I’m going through the same thing with my “used” Hardcore Hwy. A little spray, wear it for a few hours, repeat.
I also use some strategic lanolin. Just a tiny bit rubbed into the elbows and collar. I mean a TINY AMOUNT.
On the padded Hardcore I also hit the quilting. VERY lightly.
I find it lets the jacket hinge just a little, but it’s a lot more comfortable to wear.
I also like to put a little wax on the cuff edges and where the collar folds over. The first places to get rubbing wear.

The amounts I use are pea sized, and it’s probably like a magic incantation, but it’s never failed me yet.

I’ve dealt with over conditioned jackets before, I’m not doing that.

I’m going through the same thing with my “used” Hardcore Hwy. A little spray, wear it for a few hours, repeat.
I also use some strategic lanolin. Just a tiny bit rubbed into the elbows and collar. I mean a TINY AMOUNT.
On the padded Hardcore I also hit the quilting. VERY lightly.
I find it lets the jacket hinge just a little, but it’s a lot more comfortable to wear.
I also like to put a little wax on the cuff edges and where the collar folds over. The first places to get rubbing wear.

The amounts I use are pea sized, and it’s probably like a magic incantation, but it’s never failed me yet.

I’ve dealt with over conditioned jackets before, I’m not doing that.
I can't imagine how stiff the padded areas are!

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
This is the very batch of leather my Enfield is made of. After months of wear it looks fantastic with a grain very similar to old broken in jackets on ebay. That‘s a thing many people for some reason forget with Vanson. They expect new jacket to look the same as broken in ones but we all know and preach it all the time for Aeros - your jacket never looks as bad as on the first day and all these beautiful vintage Vansons were lifeless black monsters in their first months of wear as well and only developed into what they are today.
Could you post some pics of your jacket ?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
No rush JJ. When you get a chance … Like to see how the leather is aging . So many different comp weights and they all age their own way …
Some better than others…imo

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton