Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vanson is unforgiving in it's stretch

javajakamama

Familiar Face
never have a had a 19.6 p2p restrict so much when zipped. almost all thinner fabrics jackets have enough of a give to retain a slim fit and move easily. but the vanson says "nah....i'm not going to loosen easy for you". i'm not small but i'm not jacked buff either.

you would think that a 10 year previously own leather would be a little more broken in but this thing was only used for playing guitar on weekends from the previous owner and he obtained it from wardrobe/costuming from the movie black mass starring johnny depp but never made it in the movie.

i'm trusting that it will somehow loosen more with wear but the leather is so thick and the arms are now resembling elephant trunks in my biceps/elbow region. tons of pressure and increased grain/creasing. (i guess that's great if you like that. but it looks a little off when the rest of the jacket doesn't match) the previous owner of this coat was not as big and this jacket is really getting a new size workout with me. zipped up does not give me the articulation i need. i might need 21/22 p2p in this coat to go along with the same sharp taper.

i feel like an avenger in this thing. so in some aspects it looks the part.

Johnny-Depp-Black-Mass-Movie-Poster.jpg

black-mass.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to Life in Competition Weight.

Awesome leather, but exactly as you say - it's likely best to size up at least a little.

javajakamama

Familiar Face
Welcome to Life in Competition Weight.

Awesome leather, but exactly as you say - it's likely best to size up at least a little.

i'm going to put 2 sweatshirts on underneath, zip it up and then work out in it. after that hit it with a whole jar of vasoline or more obenauf's oil

floater

New in Town
Don’t give up hope, when I first got this one in premium comp weight I could barely move my arms enough to zip it up, it definitely requires a workout for the initial break in, but after that it just slowly keeps getting better and better, nowadays I don't find it restricting at all yet it didn’t really stretch much and still looks pretty slim fitting

IMG_5482.jpeg

And careful with those experiments, just look at what you might end up with after trying to shrink a deerskin jacket down half a size

IMG_5496.jpeg

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I've found that just wearing the thing is the best way to go. Wear it as much as humanly possible and it'll open up considerably. Takes a bit though.

javajakamama

Familiar Face
just a little overreaction. i just want the same fit unzipped vs zipped. but the higher i zip doing the hulk smash becomes harder.

i'm not a 40 or 42. going it that direction will ruin the unzipped fit and give me the Monty Capuletti regular guy look.

trade offs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1