Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vanson fit check

cbez

One Too Many
1000024212.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's valuable feedback!

I screwed myself on some jackets by going too short because I copied the jacket lengths of some TFL members whose styles I like, not considering that they were shorter than me.

This kind of feedback helps keep someone from expensive mistakes. That said the Comet isn't egregious–I have one myself that I keep pretty much solely for the leather because cafe racers are really uninteresting to me. Definitely have to deliberately pair it with things that will reach the waist.

javajakamama

Familiar Face
most valuable thing i learned in taking 20 pics in 2 days is that my 33w levi's 512 are just too baggy.

i could post some ridiculous pics that look like they hang 6 inches under my navel when i lift my arms up touching the ceiling with the jacket on. and when i lift my arms up high the jacket is 6 inches above my navel. epic shenanigans and hilarity on me. sure to get a chuckle from everyone.

i think i need to go down to 32. the 33 are acting like a low rise. not to mention the top block is poofy.

javajakamama

Familiar Face
here's a cool story.

for a brief time in high school i looked like jon cryer. then it quickly morphed into ferris bueller. i got 2 diff chix from that because they liked pretty in pink and fbdo.

once college came around i started looking like charlie "beats so lonely" sexton. that was another chick.

after college i went through a rob morrow phase from northern exposure. add another one. once my hair started getting long i looked like a musketeer. then married this one who for some reason thought i looked like johnny depp.

into adulthood i went through a judd nelson stage as well as a jeff goldblum stage.

i'm currently on the matt lauer treadmill.

the only thing that came of this is that women like to screw famous dudes. you can't compete with that. unless you resemble them....ha

Last edited:
Lol, I'm questioning if should have even gotten involved:)

Haha. Exhibit A: Pic > 1000 words.

Jokes aside, I dig the Comet and generally dislike CRs. I’ve owned 3 or four. All are gone because I never felt totally comfy with their fit. And only my short wife considers me tall. Taking TB’s elongated version out of the equation, Comet length vary, though all short. I’d look for another longer Comet or go to TB.

Eagledog

New in Town
From the female perspective it looks too short. If you need to change jeans and belt to not look or feel ridiculous then it's too short. If you’re constantly squirming around pulling your jeans up and your jacket down then it's too short. If you can put it on without thinking about tugging this or that and forget you are wearing a jacket, then it's the correct size. I can't stand seeing a guy that is fussing and adjusting something that doesn't fit, trying to look cool. If you look uncomfortable and self conscious it shows. A better solution would be to find something you can put on and forget about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1