Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tucker:The Man and His Dream

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Anyone else agree with me that this has to be greatest wardrobe in the history of all movies?

Okay, maybe thats a stretch but definitely the best '40s wardrobe

Jay

Practically Family
Definitely. Every scene had some amazing clothes. Like Tuckers wild Hollywood jacket. That was a truly ridiculous design.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Ford City

Great period wardrobe; albeit the car didn't quite cut it.:eek:fftopic:
While in high school, I worked in a movie theater located on
the former site of the Tucker plant.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I am a huge fan of the Hollywood jackets in that film, especially Tucker's cream and cranberry collared one. That was one sharp jacket. That entire movie has Hollywoods to drool over.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Love those Hollywood Jackets in Tucker.:eusa_clap

cap003copy.jpg

cap005copy.jpg

cap006.jpg

cap019.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Jeff Bridges is quite the versatile actor, too. Hard to believe someone this stylish went on to play "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski.

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Harp said:
Great period wardrobe; albeit the car didn't quite cut it.:eek:fftopic:
While in high school, I worked in a movie theater located on
the former site of the Tucker plant.

Yes! You're talking about the Ford City Cinema! I spent my youth in that area before moving to California. I remember my grandmother telling me that the land the mall was built on was the world's largest aircraft manufacturing facility during the war. It wasn't until later that I found out that Tucker had assumed the plant from the War Assets Adminstration to make his cars.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Joan Ellen's outfits were incredible! She also has the perfect personality to pull off the look (especially when it comes to some of those hats!)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I love this movie!

The wardrobe is incredible! My tailor once commented on the way I coordinate the colours of my clothes, asking me who taught me to dress the way I do. I could only reply that "Preston Tucker" taught me! lol

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What to do think fellas? Is this vintage or studio repro?

Absinthe_1900 said:

If it's the latter, they sure did a mighty fine job! But I'm thinking vintage. If I was Mr Bridges, I'd have been begging to keep the wardrobe!

Thnaks for the great screen captures, Absinthe!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Ford City

Curt Chiarelli said:
Yes! You're talking about the Ford City Cinema! I spent my youth in that area before moving to California. I remember my grandmother telling me that the land the mall was built on was the world's largest aircraft manufacturing facility during the war. It wasn't until later that I found out that Tucker had assumed the plant from the War Assets Adminstration to make his cars.

I drove past Ford City this evening. The cinema has been enlarged to
gargantuan proportion; almost unrecognizable from my high school days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld